3 Ways To Use Olaplex No.2 You Never Thought Of
3 Uses For Olaplex No.2 You Didn’t Know
You’re probably already an Olaplex addict and add Olaplex No.1—the Bond Multiplier—into every formulation. But did you know that Olaplex No.2—the Bond Perfector—is NOT optional? And did you know you can use it beyond the three-step Olaplex system? We’re breaking down three ways you might not know you can use Olaplex No.2, so keep reading!
First, let’s review the Olaplex system. The original bond building regimen goes like this:
- No.1: The concentrated first salon step rebuilds broken disulfide bonds and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair.
- No.2: The second in-salon step continues to rebuild and restore any remaining broken bonds. REMEMBER: This step is not optional. No.1 is meant to mitigate damage during chemical services, and No.2 finds more single sulfur hydrogen bonds and crosslinks them back together WITHOUT chemicals working against it. So don’t skip it!
- No.3: Send clients home with this step, the Hair Perfector as a retail item for continuous protection from ongoing damage.
- No.4: Repair bonds while gently cleansing with the Bond Maintenance Shampoo, which imparts moisture, strength and manageability.
- No.5: Restore, repair and hydrate hair—without excess weight—with the Bond Maintenance Conditioner. It eliminates damaged frizz for strong, healthy hair.
Now that we know the entire system, let’s do a deep dive into three ways you didn’t know you could use Olaplex No.2!
1. Offer Extra Repair While Processing
A root touch-up client can get an extra dose of hair love (and you’ll increase your ticket) with an Olaplex No.2 treatment. Here’s what you should do:
- Apply the root touch-up as you would normally.
- While she processes, dampen larger sections of hair.
- Apply Olaplex No.2 with a bowl and brush from the root touch-up to her ends.
- When she’s finished processing, rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No.4 and Olaplex No.5
2. Use Olaplex No.2 As A Cutting Lotion
This is a fantastic way to increase your average ticket while increasing your guest’s hair health, not to mention a great opportunity to introduce a non-chemical client to the benefits of Olaplex. Here’s what to do:
- Dispense a quarter-size amount of Olaplex No. 2 in your hands.
- Apply to the hair from scalp to ends.
- Cut the hair as normal. A haircut takes roughly 20 to 30 minutes—and during that time, Olaplex No.2 is working its magic.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No. 4 and Olaplex No.5, then blow-dry and finish.
3. Protect Delicate Strands While Lightening
Bleach-and-tone clients need serious love, so here’s your insurance policy on her during her touch-up appointment:
- Before her bleach touch-up, apply Olaplex No.2 on the previously lightened line of demarcation.
- Continue with bleach touch-up as usual.
- If overlapping occurs, Olaplex No.2 will work to repair broken bonds.
Foils Or Open Air? Watch This To Learn What To Use!
How To Use Add-On Treatments For Every Service
12 Hair & Beauty Looks From The Golden Globes
Curly Color Correction: Brassy Blorange To Smoky Silver
Olaplex Launches New App For Salon Professionals
3 Tips For Converting A Global Lightening Client With Foils
7 Styling Cheats For Curly Hair
Creative Color: 3 Tips For Achieving Rainbow Blends
Removing Red Haircolor: 3 Things To Know
Watch: Neutralizing & Formulating Fashion Colors
Icy Pink & Blue Color Melt
Justin Anderson’s Foil Technique For Rooty Blondes
3 Balayage Tips For Fall-Ready Brunettes
Transformation: From Brassy To Rooty Blonde
14 ’90s-Inspired Chunky Money Piece Formulas
MIDNIGHT ROSE FORMULA
What Is Olaplex No.0? Read This!
BRUNETTE BOLD MONEY PIECE
Olaplex No. 0
BRASSY BLONDE TO SILVER GRAY HAIR TRANSFORMATION
Relaxer & Color Services On The Same Day?
How-To: Foiling The Face Frame
Olaplex Matching Gift Card Sales, Giving $1 Million in Product Support