3 Ways To Use Olaplex No.2 You Never Thought Of
3 Uses For Olaplex No.2 You Didn’t Know
You’re probably already an Olaplex addict and add Olaplex No.1—the Bond Multiplier—into every formulation. But did you know that Olaplex No.2—the Bond Perfector—is NOT optional? And did you know you can use it beyond the three-step Olaplex system? We’re breaking down three ways you might not know you can use Olaplex No.2, so keep reading!
First, let’s review the Olaplex system. The original bond building regimen goes like this:
- No.1: The concentrated first salon step rebuilds broken disulfide bonds and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair.
- No.2: The second in-salon step continues to rebuild and restore any remaining broken bonds. REMEMBER: This step is not optional. No.1 is meant to mitigate damage during chemical services, and No.2 finds more single sulfur hydrogen bonds and crosslinks them back together WITHOUT chemicals working against it. So don’t skip it!
- No.3: Send clients home with this step, the Hair Perfector as a retail item for continuous protection from ongoing damage.
- No.4: Repair bonds while gently cleansing with the Bond Maintenance Shampoo, which imparts moisture, strength and manageability.
- No.5: Restore, repair and hydrate hair—without excess weight—with the Bond Maintenance Conditioner. It eliminates damaged frizz for strong, healthy hair.
Now that we know the entire system, let’s do a deep dive into three ways you didn’t know you could use Olaplex No.2!
1. Offer Extra Repair While Processing
A root touch-up client can get an extra dose of hair love (and you’ll increase your ticket) with an Olaplex No.2 treatment. Here’s what you should do:
- Apply the root touch-up as you would normally.
- While she processes, dampen larger sections of hair.
- Apply Olaplex No.2 with a bowl and brush from the root touch-up to her ends.
- When she’s finished processing, rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No.4 and Olaplex No.5
2. Use Olaplex No.2 As A Cutting Lotion
This is a fantastic way to increase your average ticket while increasing your guest’s hair health, not to mention a great opportunity to introduce a non-chemical client to the benefits of Olaplex. Here’s what to do:
- Dispense a quarter-size amount of Olaplex No. 2 in your hands.
- Apply to the hair from scalp to ends.
- Cut the hair as normal. A haircut takes roughly 20 to 30 minutes—and during that time, Olaplex No.2 is working its magic.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No. 4 and Olaplex No.5, then blow-dry and finish.
3. Protect Delicate Strands While Lightening
Bleach-and-tone clients need serious love, so here’s your insurance policy on her during her touch-up appointment:
- Before her bleach touch-up, apply Olaplex No.2 on the previously lightened line of demarcation.
- Continue with bleach touch-up as usual.
- If overlapping occurs, Olaplex No.2 will work to repair broken bonds.
Met Gala 2023: The Hottest Hair & Beauty Looks
Lily James’ Met Gala Twisted Bun + Piecey Fringe
Natural Blondes: 4 Toning Tricks to Add Depth FAST!
6 Ways You Can Use OLAPLEX That You Didn’t Know!
15 FREE Classes To Take For Hairstylist Appreciation Week
Spring 2023’s Pro Beauty Product Launch
LASHBOND™ Building Serum
Good Warmth vs Bad Warmth: How to Tell the Difference
Editor’s Picks: 10 Hair Looks From The 2023 Oscars
Daisy Jones & The Six: Behind the Scenes with Lead Hairstylist MaryAnn Hennings
Your Complete Guide To Color Blocking
Golden Teddy Graham Blonde
Warm Honey Bronde
How To Formulate Toners For Honey Blonde
Beige Bleach Blonde
2023’s First Pro Beauty Product Launches
Olaplex No.4D Dry Shampoo
Vanilla Red Velvet Color Block
This Year’s BIGGEST Products: 2022’s Most Talked About
Teddy Bear Blonde
15 Styling Trends That Will Be Everywhere in Winter 2023
Say Farewell To 2022 With These New Product Launches
Clarifying Vs. Chelating: What You Need To Know