Splotchy Balayage? Here’s Why!
We’ve all had that moment—the hair is processing and looks great. You rinse, you dry and….WHAAAT?!? How did these splotches happen?!
Well, there’s a couple things that might have occurred, according to balayage badass Jamie Sea, aka @prettylittleombre, the #ONESHOT Hotshot Winner of Ombré Shot of the Year in 2016! Her 149k Instagram followers totally trust her with all things balayage, so we had to ask—how can you avoid a splotchy balayage? Here are her tips!
Top 7 Tips From @prettylittleombre
1. Avoid a too-runny product. If it’s too runny, it will seep in between strands.
2. ALWAYS have a smooth and taut surface.
3. Look underneath your painted piece—is it just as blurred as the top? Make it a habit to always check under your section.
4. Apply in a light, sweeping motion to avoid pushing product into the deeper strands underneath.
5. For retouches, when you reach the line of demarcation, lightly feather your lightener over the line to connect it—but don’t heavily saturate the area.
6. Make sure the product is consistent down the hair shaft.
7. Practice is key! Don’t give up!
Check out this quickie video to see how Jamie handles this color correction!
And because we know you can’t get enough…watch Jamie tackle a balayage retouch!
@prettylittleombre Swears By These 5 Glossing Formulas
5 Go-To Glossing Formulas From @prettylittleombre
The BTC #Squad Spills It All: Color Melts, Balayage & Going Platinum
3 Bright & Bold Balayage Tips From @prettylittleombre
Gorgeous Balayage + Stretched Root
BTC “On Tour” Takes LA
How-To: Foils + Root Smudge
@prettylittleombre’s Pyramid of Fundamentals For Client Retention
How-To: Heavy Balayage, Level 5 Base
6 Balayage Tips From @prettylittleombre
Converting From Foils To Balayage
3 Balayage Mistakes You Might Be Making