How-To: Add-On Men’s Service
Men can be your most loyal clients—they need haircuts more often so they come in regularly, and they like consistent cuts from the same hairdresser. Here’s a way you can set yourself apart as the BEST stylist they’ll ever have, plus a way to increase his ticket, and you don’t even need a barber’s license! Give him a hot towel neck shave and watch the referrals role in.
Here’s a secret: men also will buy product! The key is explaining why you’re using certain product and how they can recreate it at home. American Crew’s new shave line has everything from a shave oil (for his closest shave ever) to a precision gel (so he can see where his blade is actually landing). See how to incorporate the products into each step of this neck shave, and we’re betting you’ll be able to sell some product!
Check it out!
1. Use four to six drops of Ultra-Gliding Shave Oil on a warm towel and rub together to disperse the oil evenly.
2. Press the warm towel to the edge of the hairline on the back of his neck, softening his hair and opening his pores.
3. Apply a thin layer of Precision Shave Gel over the hair to be shaved. Let him know you’re soothing his skin and preparing it for a close shave.
4. Use a feather razor in short, quick strokes to remove the hairs around his neckline. Mention the benefits of the product, like being able to see where you’re shaving thanks to the non-foaming formula.
5. Grab your towel and twist it a bit so it cools down. Press the same towel onto his skin and explain that the coolness will help close his pores while you remove excess product and hair.
6. Smooth All-In-One Face Balm over his neck to provide extra moisture to this sensitive skin. Take a few minutes to turn this into a mini neck massage and explain why moisturizing is important.
Want To Get More Men?
You can build your men’s business with American Crew’s Master of Men’s Grooming, a new certificate training program that focuses on technical, advanced cutting and styling techniques. You’ll learn 10 foundational haircuts your male clientele want now, and the program is fully digital, so you can learn at your own pace from any location. Check it out now!