Aveda Launches New Bond Building Line Powered By Plants
Bond Building Pro Treatment Leaves Hair 5X Stronger
Aveda just announced its revolutionary bond-building plant repair technology in the new botanical repair™ collection. The line instantly strengthens and repairs hair from the inside out and took six years to develop in Aveda’s botanical research laboratory, plus it includes an in-salon professional treatment to add a new service offering.
The collection includes a range of retail and professional products developed by Aveda’s PhD chemists. The multi-pronged repair approach consists of three different technologies that work together to treat the three layers of hair for repair from the inside out.
And aligning with Aveda’s commitment to care for the world, the range is 93 percent naturally derived, with the strongest possible benefit using ingredients from nature. It is silicone-free, sulfate cleanser-free, vegan, cruelty free and manufactured with 100% wind power through renewable energy and carbon offsets. The bottles, jars and caps are made with 100% post-consumer recycled packaging, and tubes are made with a mix of post-consumer recycled materials and bioplastic.
How Does It Work?
Botanical repair repairs and protects the three key layers of the hair:
- Repair at the cortex. Aveda’s plant-derived bond multiplying molecule goes below the surface of the hair to multiply bonds, strengthening and reinforcing hair integrity at the core.
- Prevent at the cuticle. Aveda’s nourishing macro green blend of avocado, green tea and sacha inchi smooths the cuticle to detangle, helping prevent breakage.
- Protect at the F-layer. Aveda’s protective plant-based complex creates a botanical F-layer, an invisible water-resistant lipid layer that is made of a fatty acid that “seals” the surface of the hair cuticle, helping protect and shield the hair from future damage.
View this post on Instagram
Did you know your hair is composed of three key layers? These layers give hair its structure, color and shine. Botanical Repair targets damage, rebuilds bonds and works to repair three key layers of hair. Here’s how: Cortex Botanical Repair works to multiply bonds and repair from within. Cuticle: The nourishing macro green blend detangles to help prevent breakage. F-Layer The plant-derived complex mimics the hair’s outer layer to help protect hair. Visit aveda.com to learn more. #Aveda #BotanicalRepair #hairrepair #oddlysatisfying
What’s In The Collection?
The professional service is an intensive treatment that leaves hair 5 times stronger and visibly shinier in as few as 10 minutes. One application creates new bonds and dramatically reduces breakage while also protecting hair during color service.
“The botanical repair professional collection builds bonds in the hair as you color it, and leaves hair feeling perfect – like it’s never been colored,” said Ian Michael Black, Aveda Global Artistic Director. “In 10 minutes, you can use the professional treatment to restore hair’s strength and add incredible shine, too.”
The botanical repair™ professional collection includes:
- botanical repair™ professional equalizing primer: Conditions, treats and evens out porosity, priming hair for a color service.
- botanical repair™ professional strengthening additive: Contains bond strengthening technology to help strengthen hair.
- botanical repair™ professional bond activator – light: Strengthens and multiplies bonds for deep intensive repair with plant-powered 3-layer hair repair technologies.
- botanical repair™ professional bond activator – rich: Strengthens and multiplies bonds for deep intensive repair with plant-powered 3-layer hair repair technologies. Contains 5X the blend of butters and oils than the light bond activator.
Check out results below!
View this post on Instagram
Talk about a transformation ✨ Swipe for the before. Designed to deliver visible results, our revolutionary NEW Botanical Repair treatment can be added to your next salon appointment to help instantly strengthen and repair from the inside out. Seen here with a full head of baby lights, a fresh tone, the Botanical Repair Treatment and a fresh trim. Find a salon near you at aveda.com. #Aveda #BotanicalRepair #hairrepair #haircaretips #damagedhair
To maintain professional results between visits, Aveda recommends using the botanical repair™ retail system at home, which includes:
- botanical repair™ strengthening shampoo: Strengthens and repairs damaged hair with the power of plants. Luxuriously cleanses and gently removes excess oil, product build-up, pollution and environmental debris that can damage hair.
- botanical repair™ strengthening conditioner: Strengthens and repairs damaged hair with the power of plants. Conditions and instantly detangles to prevent breakage, and leaves hair looking shiny and healthy.
- botanical repair™ intensive strengthening masque – light: Intensive treatment that instantly strengthens and builds bonds for deep repair with the power of plants. Instantly transforms hair leaving it visibly healthier, softer and shiner after just 1 use. Luxurious silken creme formulated for weightless conditioning—ideal for all textures of fine to medium hair types.
- botanical repair™ intensive strengthening masque – rich: Intensive treatment that instantly strengthens and builds bonds for deep repair with the power of plants. Instantly transforms hair leaving it visibly healthier, softer and shinier after just 1 use. Sumptuous buttery creme formulated with added butters. Ideal for all textures of medium to thick hair types.
- botanical repair™ strengthening leave-in treatment: Instantly repairs, prevents and protects against damage while building bonds at the core. Reduces breakage in just 1 use for instantly stronger hair. Protects against heat styling up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and UV drying effects of the sun.
For more info, visit Aveda’s website.
The Revolution of Reinvention
Aveda Launches Aveda Cares, A Multimillion Dollar Relief Program For Salon Pros
What Changes Van Council’s Georgia Salons Will Make Once They Reopen
Video Tutorial: Structured Chignon
Backstage Hair Tricks That Work IRL
Warm Brunette Balayage
5 Major Hair, Nail & Beauty Trends From New York Fashion Week
Get Out Your Smallest Curling Irons! Tighter & Frizz-Free Curls Are Trending At Fashion Week
2019 Hair Trend: Braided Ponytails At New York Fashion Week
Irina Shayk’s Super Sleek Bun
Aveda Talks Sustainability At FIT’s Sustainable Business & Design Conference
Irina Shayk’s Chin-Grazing Bob
Smooth Infusion™ Shampoo and Conditioner
Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™
Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine
5 Hair Trends We Spotted At New York Fashion Week
Trend Alert: Hair Accessories & Hardware
Disco Texture Is New York Fashion Week’s Biggest Hair Trend (Literally)
10 Celebrity Hair How-Tos From The 2019 Golden Globes
Kaley Cuoco’s Smooth Blowout + Embellished Half-Up Twist
Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray
Light Elements™ Smoothing Fluid
Smooth Infusion™ Nourishing Styling Creme