The Best Kept Secrets For Styling Curtain Bangs
How To Cut And Style Custom Curtain Bangs
Curtain bangs are here to stay—read below for hot tips from BTC Member Rachel Williams (@rachelwstylist) on how to make your clients stand out among the trendy crowds!
Curtain bangs are an easy way to save length while adding body to long or heavy hair. Rachel explains her client wanted more versatility with her hair but didn’t want to lose length or cut layers throughout—”Curtain bangs and face-framing was what she wanted!“ Rachel says.
Watch Rachel use ARC™ Scissors Phantom II for a custom curtain bang and slight face frame on her long-haired client. Pssst! Get 15% OFF ARC™ Scissors—Use code ARC15 at checkout!
View this post on Instagram
- Learn one of fall’s hottest haircut trends, The Shag on Oct 17!
- Become a BTC-U member to get access!
Must-Try Mousse Application Tip
Rachel preps the hair with SEVEN haircare RINZU® HEAT DEFENSE Spray to protect the hair for heat styling before using a unique mousse application technique on the entire head for massive volume and hold!
- Using SEVEN haircare Cubica® MOUSSE Foam, pump the mousse directly onto a hairbrush (brushes made for wet hair are recommended)
- Tap the hairbrush onto the mids of the hair, dispersing the mousse
- Brush through the ends of the hair first and then from root to tip— this evenly coats the hair without unwanted clumps of excess product
- Let the hair air-dry into curls or grab your round brush for blow drying
Perfectly even and silky smooth, watch Rachel’s mousse technique demo here:
View this post on Instagram
The Right Way To Blow Dry
If cut properly, curtain bangs should need just a quick blow out to style the feathered swoops on either side of the face.
- Using a round brush, pull the bangs away from the face in the opposite direction from where the hair will lay
- Once dry, redirect the hair back to its original side for the desired shaping
- For a vintage look, pull the hair up and back while blowdrying for an exaggerated curtain-esque style
Pro Tip: Always blow-dry the bangs first so that they do not air-dry in an odd shape and need to be rewet against dry hair!
Don’t miss BTC “On Tour” Nashville Nov 7:
- Learn fall’s BIGGEST haircut trends: Bobs, shags, layers & more!
- 6 Classes, 20 of the Industry’s BEST Artists.
- Get tickets now!
Create Volume That Lasts
A trick of the trade to great-looking bangs—volumized hair! For added body, Rachel lightly curls the hair with a 1 ¼ inch curling iron before using SEVEN haircare Cubica® LOFT Volumizer in the crown for an extra lift to create contrast behind the flowy curtains bangs.
Finishing off with SEVEN haircare Cubica® WORKING Spray for soft hold, Rachel suggests using a light hairspray to help the bangs keep natural movement throughout the hair.
Layered Toning: Add Depth To Platinum Blondes
GAZAR® Blowout Butter
Cubica® Working Spray
Cubica® Swept Texture Spray
Cubica® Mousse Foam
Cubica® Loft Volumizer
3 Foiling Tips For Painting High-Contrast Brondes
10 Ways To Increase Appointments, Prebookings and Retail Sales
Your Client’s Guide To Summer Hair Damage Repair
Cubica® CLARIFY shampoo
Coronavirus: What To Do When You Have To Close Your Salon
13 Treatments & Masks Your Clients Will Thank You For
How One Salon Sold $70K In Gift Cards In A Single Day
BTC “On Tour” Nashville—Here’s How We Closed Out Our 2019 Tour
3 Shadow Placement Tips For Achieving Depth And Dimension
BTC “On Tour” Nashville
SEVEN Haircare Appoints Sheue Pella As President
How To Care For Blonde Hair: A Guide For Clients
WATCH: @lo_wheelerdavis’ Balayage + Toning Technique
RINZU® HELIO Violet Shampoo & Conditioner
Corrective Color: Watch @brianacisneros Neutralize Warmth & Ash
Seamless Chocolate Blend
The French Blow-Dry Set: 6 Tips To Do It Perfectly
Transformation: Edgy Pixie + Fringe