Corrective Color: Watch @brianacisneros Neutralize Warmth & Ash
Are You Making This Mistake With Brunette Color Corrections?!
Your client comes in with regrowth and prelightened ends—are you applying one shade all over to achieve a natural-looking brunette? You shouldn’t be and here’s why. “The roots will always grab warmth if the developer is higher than 10-volume and porous ends will pull ash,” warns Briana Cisneros (@brianacisneros). Warm roots + greenish ends = NOT pretty. So we’re breaking down Briana’s complete process for restoring a natural brunette below!
Pricing + Total Processing Time:
Consultation is key and Briana is always transparent with her clients about timing and pricing. She recommends keeping their schedules flexible and charging by the hour for color corrections. “That way, if any surprises present themselves, there will be no limitations for me to handle them in the correct way,” shares Briana.
Watch the quickie video! Then scroll for color formulas, process and styling steps!
Who Did It
1. Start by applying Formula A to the root area (similar to a root smudge application). At the backbar, Briana matched the formula to her client’s regrowth with a Level 5 neutral demi to cancel warmth and blend into her natural haircolor.
2. Then apply Formula B to the ends. Pro Tip: Because Briana’s client had ash-toned ends, she formulated a reddish-gold color with a low developer to shift the tone and cancel out any underlying green pigment.
3. Process, then pull Formula A from the roots to ends and process for less than 2 minutes before rinsing. Briana warns if the ends process any longer, the results will be too ashy (and your corrective color work will be undone!).
4. After rinsing, Briana gave her client a fresh chop and a blowout. To prep the blowout, she recommends applying Seven haircare BORATO® MOUSSE foam to damp hair to build a strong foundation for volume and hold when styling.
Pro Tip: Briana swears by Seven haircare’s styling products because they are both high-performing and straightforward, so they make selling retail easier. “My clients also have a very easy time understanding how to use them,” shares Briana. “Because these products do what they say they’re going to do, and more.”
5. After blow-drying, cocktail Seven haircare GAZAR® DIAMOND serum and BORATO® FIBRE matte paste, emulsify and apply to the ends for definition.