How-To: Retro Wave and Textured Bob
We love a signature styling how-to by Richard Mannah. He always seems to create the perfect blend of casual and cool—you know those looks were talking about, the ones that make your clients look trendy without the effort. Lucky for you, we have two how-tos from the label.m International Artistic Director. He styled a textured bob and created a cool retro wave, and now you can, too. Here’s his inspiration for the looks.
“I wanted to show a variation of looks for multiple occasions by incorporating unique techniques and great products. You can create many different looks for any occasion on the same head of hair by being creative,” says Richard. Here’s how he made both happen.
Retro Wave How-To
2. Prep the hair with Volume Mousse from roots to ends, comb through and dry smooth.
3. Starting from the lower back and using small to medium sections of dry hair, begin curling each section with a large-barrel curling iron. Work all the way up the head until you reach the front.
Pro Tip: Spray the Organic Orange Blossom setting Hairspray on each section before using the curling iron to set, protect and seal the curl/wave. Using a setting spray will add shine, flexibility and lock the style in. (Be mindful of which direction you want the hair to wave as this will determine which direction to curl the hair.)
4. After every section is curled, lightly brush with the label.m Grooming Anti-Static Brush and finish with Shine Mist.
Texture Bob How-To
1. Wash and condition the hair with Diamond Dust Shampoo and Conditioner for soft, healthy and voluminous hair with extreme shine. Then prep the hair with Volume Mousse from roots to ends, comb through and dry smooth.
2. Using large- and medium-barrel curling irons, wave the hair for movement and texture.
3. Lightly brush the waves out and add a small amount of Resurrection Style Dust on the roots to create volume and hold.
4. Take a section of hair at the occipital bone and work into a low ponytail. Then backcomb the ponytail and roll it in toward the nape area to create a base. Work the remaining hair back and loosely pin the necessary pieces for a loose, textured bob finish.
5. Finish the look with some Texturising Volume Spray and shape the hair around the face for a romantic, flattering finish.
Try This Cut: Modern “Mullet”
5 Editorial Looks From TRUMATCH by Daniel Alain
The Behind The Chair Show 2017: Day 3
TRUMATCH by Daniel Alain at #thebtcshow
COLOR, Cut & Style 2016
5-Strand and Knotted Rope Braid How-To
How-To: 5-Strand Braid, The F8 Braid and Applying Noncommittal Color
label.m Holiday Collection by Richard Mannah
Your Guide to Holiday Hair: 5 Winter Wedding Styles
3 Alternative Braids Straight From London Fashion Week
7 Editorial Styling Tips From Fashion Week To Your Salon
BREAKING NEWS: 16th Annual Stylist Choice Award WINNERS ANNOUNCED
How-To: Sexy Día de los Muertos Hair and Makeup
The Bhutanese Twins by Richard Mannah