WATCH: How To Eliminate Yellow Bands
This Video Will Teach You How To Eliminate Yellow Bands
With 4 inches of Level 3 new growth and yellow bands to get through, this wasn’t going to be easy on BTC Team Member @josievilay. Plus, she was in a time crunch. “I decided to take a different approach today on my bleach-out because I had another client in between,” she said. “I had to work faster because she had three bands and 4-inch regrowth and I only had 1 hour to apply steps 1 and 2!” But of COURSE, she knocked it out of the park! Keep scrolling for her technique, formulas and tips!
Watch the video how-to below
Root: 4 inches of Level 3 new growth
Mids: Level 9
Ends: Level 10
Powder lightener + 15-volume developer
Powder lightener + 25-volume developer
Powder lightener + 20-volume developer
40g L’ANZA Healing Haircare Healing Color 100 Ultra Light Blonde Booster + 7 g 100V Ultra Light Violet Blonde + 47g L’ANZA Healing Color Translucent Color Catalyst + 94g L’ANZA Demi Cream Developer
1. Section the hair into quadrants. Apply Formula A in ¼-inch sections at the root, painting about 2 inches down. Apply the lightener liberally to the top and bottom of every section in a global root touch-up application.
2. Paint the remaining 2 inches of new growth with Formula B until just above the first band and separate each section with cotton for a concise application to avoid overlapping your formulas.
3. Feather Formula C to the yellow banding to lift just one level.
4. Process for 1 hour.
5. Remove all cotton and rinse lightener out. Towel-dry hair, then apply toner to damp hair.
6. Section the hair into quadrants and apply Formula D to the roots and midlengths. Josie adds the L’ANZA Translucent Color Catalyst to her toners because it neutralizes the ammonia in the permanent color molecules and acidifies the formula, allowing for slight color pigmentation and translucent results.
Pro Tip: Mix L’ANZA Healing Color and the Translucent Color Catalyst first to deactivate the ammonia in the permanent color, then add the Demi Cream Developer.
7. Shampoo and deep condition the hair, then style as desired.
L'ANZA Healing Haircare
Healing Volume Zero Weight Gel
Artists Give Haircuts To The Homeless at THE BTC SHOW 2018
3 Quickie Tips For Staying On-Trend: Balayage & Effortless Texture
Healing Style Powder Up Texturizer
THE BTC SHOW 2018: Day 1
Co-Lab Cutting at #THEBTCSHOW 2018
L’ANZA Healing Haircare at #THEBTCSHOW 2018
Keratin Healing Oil Bounce Up Spray
WATCH: Blonde Balayage + Building Volume
Watch: Dramatic Double Ponytail Styling Quickie
Keratin Healing Oil Lustrous Finishing Spray
3 Balayage Cheats You Didn’t Know
Money Piece: Color Placement Diagram & 3 Toning Formulas
Translucent Color Catalyst
Vanilla Blonde Balayage
Money Piece Melt
Healing Color Powder Decolorizer
Blended Ember Melt
Caramel Money Piece On A Brunette Base
Ginger + Spice