Professional Beauty Association’s 2023 Summit Focused On Uniting The Beauty Industry
Here’s What Happened At PBA’s 9th Annual Summit
On November 13 and 14 beauty industry leaders gathered at the Biltmore in Phoenix, Arizona for the 9th annual Professional Beauty Association (PBA) Executive Summit. PBA’s mission is to advocate for the rights and professionalism of the beauty industry and this year’s summit was centered around revolutionizing change within it. Attendees were immersed in a two-day program filled with insightful sessions surrounding trends and consumer demands.
The Arizona Biltmore, a legendary retreat for U.S. Presidents and movie stars since 1929, served as the perfect backdrop for this transformative event. It was designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright and the hotel’s rich history and elegance added an extra layer of allure to the Executive Summit experience.
The summit featured a host of keynote speakers to share their expertise. Here’s who spoke:
- Green Circle Salons showed how consumer sentiment has changed toward brands not focused on sustainability.
- Daniel Levine, Executive Director of the Avant-Guide Institute hosted “Tressed to Impress: The New Face of Beauty Marketing,” where he
- explored the trends shaping the industry
- Myra Reddy, PBA’s Government Affairs Director provided an update on PBA’s Government Advocacy team
- Crystal Washington, renowned Futurist, Technologist and Author hosted “Harness Generative AI Like ChatGPT for Enhanced Performance.”
- Eric Termeunde, best-selling author, workplace culture and leadership expert, spoke about “Leadership and AI: Building High-Performance Teams in the New World of Work.”
“The 2023 Executive Summit was the best one yet. It is always great to collaborate with fellow industry leaders, and this year offered exceptional content on the latest technologies that will revolutionize beauty,” said Dana Schmitdbauer, Director of Pro Sales North America Independent Distributors at Olaplex. “It provided an incredible platform for industry leaders to come together and share their expertise. The knowledge and connections gained during this event will undoubtedly drive innovation and growth in the beauty industry for years to come.”
In addition to the enriching sessions, this year’s summit also introduced two exciting new networking opportunities: The PBA Golf Tournament, held at the newly-renovated Arizona Biltmore course, followed by an awards ceremony. The PBA Executive Summit 2023 brought together beauty industry leaders, fostering collaboration, innovation and a shared commitment to revolutionize the beauty industry. As the event concluded, attendees left with newfound inspiration, strategies and connections that will propel their businesses forward in the ever-changing beauty landscape.
Professional Beauty Association
The Professional Beauty Association Is Promoting New Leaders
2021 NAHA Winners Announced!
The Professional Beauty Association Announces New Executive Director Following Steve Sleeper’s Retirement
PBA Announces New Dates For International Salon + Spa Expo
The Professional Beauty Association Announces COVID-19 Relief Fund
This State May Allow Unlicensed Hairdressers
Salon Owners: This New Law Would Give You Tax Credits