4 Close-Up Color Technique Videos From @paintedhair
We could watch these close-up color quickies—about weaving with foils, color blending and color correcting—all day long. That’s why we pulled four of @paintedhair’s highest viewed videos for you—and yes, she has almost 700k Instagram followers, so yes, you should be following her for incredible hair painting tips and tricks. Watch the videos below!
1. Painted Lights
- For multidimensional, super-blended results, @paintedhair suggests clients come in every 8 to 10 weeks for touchups until they reach their desired level of lightness.
Get more secrets from @paintedhair!
Sign up for her Balayage Techniques webinar
happening Monday, April 2!
2. Weaving With Foils
- To carefully lighten areas of the hair that need a lot of correcting or that are damaged, @paintedhair suggests foiling—it offers more control to break up any banding or uneven areas of blonde.
3. Toning Down + Blending Color
- To tone down and blend this existing color, @paintedhair mixed 6N with a dash of 6A at the roots and blended into a 7G (both with 10-volume). Here’s why: Lightener removes warm tones, so using the G filled and balanced the hair, making the color richer and warmer. Plus, it kept the end result from getting too dark, while the 10-volume kept the hair from looking too muddy.
4. Low Light Color Correction
- To correct color without lightening, apply low lights for depth and then a full color to melt everything together—this gives strands a break from the lightening process. But remember, when low lighting to correct color, don’t go darker than your client’s natural color, especially if they plan on going lighter in the future.