The Bridal Business Booster
Do you have a super stressed-out bride on your hands, and is her thinning hair part of the problem? First, hand her a mimosa! Next, let her experience the power of Nioxin! You have the options to treat her to a pampering, in-salon service and share product options to get her hair fuller and more luxurious for her big day! Since bridal breakdowns are a big deal, we went to Danielle Dickie, Nioxin North American Education Associate Manager, for expert advice.
Q. What styling tips do you have for women with thinning hair when doing updos and bridal styling?
A. Prep, prep, prep the hair properly! Start with a clean palette to ensure all the work you are doing lasts! I recommend starting with the appropriate 3-Part System. Follow with Diamax or Diamax Advanced, and focus on the root area and comb through to ends. Layer additional products for hold and support.
Q. What are the best tools for creating the illusion of volume for thinning hair?
A. The best tools will always be your fingers, as well as high-quality tools with temperature control. Though these are extremely important, so is how you treat and approach the hair. Some tricks and tips for creating the illusion of volume for fine or thinning hair types doesn’t stop at styling. How you cut and color the hair adds great support as your client is transitioning through her new Nioxin regimen.
Q. What can the bride do leading up to the big day to help thinning hair?
A. I would recommend to any woman about to experience a life change to start using the appropriate 3-Part System. The innovative 3-Part System kits, based on an advanced skin-care approach, help cleanse, optimize and treat the hair and scalp environment for thicker and fuller-looking hair.
A Nioxin service is the best way to introduce your client to Nioxin products—and 70 percent of those who use Nioxin stay with the brand after the first use! The treatment doesn’t stop there: she is able to take the products home, like the Nioxin Intensive Therapy Night Density Rescue. This new product, inspired by the body’s nightly regeneration process, contains Nioxydine24, which has been engineered to effectively promote hair density with a powerful blend of antioxidants known to neutralize free radicals on the scalp surface. Plus, it has a refreshing citrus scent!
Check out the how-tos for three treatments that can be offered at your shampoo bowl and can be her gateway to the benefits of Nioxin!
Derma Renew Therapy
1. On dry, unwashed hair, apply Scalp Renew Dermabrasion.
2. Apply product in a grid-like pattern. Distribute using circular movements.
3. Begin by working in an upward circular motion from the front to the back of the head. Repeat.
4. Process for 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly and use the Nioxin 3-Part System.
Density Repair Therapy
1. Divide hair into three sections: front, middle and back.
2. Apply Deep Repair Masque with a brush or spatula. Work from the nape to front of the head.
3. Work product into hair and then gently comb through.
4. Allow to develop for 5 to 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly and apply a final Treat phase using the recommended system.
Diameter Boost Therapy
1. Spray six to 10 pumps of Diamax Advanced along clean partings and gently massage onto the scalp.
Pro Tip: A Diamax Blowout service sets you up for success to maintain volume and manageability while protecting the hair against breakage. Support the style by clipping each section after it is completely dry or follow with a curling iron set for additional longevity.
2. Apply your preferred Nioxin 3D Styling products for the desired result.
3. Begin drying the root, using the fingertips to lift hair away from the scalp.
4. Continue drying and shaping with a large round brush. Allow time for hair to cool down and take form and complete your look with Niospray.
For more info, visit nioxin.com.