Color Correction: From Damaged & Brassy To White Hot Platinum
By Roxy Akopyan
Excuse us while we pick our jaws up off the floor because this color correction is UNREAL. And it was accomplished by none other than Roxy Akopyan (@roxybeautytouch)! Simply shook by the before and after, we had to find out how the BTC Team Member transformed damaged and brassy strands with months of naturally dark regrowth to a healthy and bright white hot platinum.
“One of my unrealistic transformations,” Roxy shared in the Instagram caption. “It can be very overwhelming to try to lighten thick, dark coarse hair. If you try to cut corners, that’s the result on the left…Only after a strand test will I book my clients.”
Keep scrolling to get Roxy’s formulas and for the application steps!
Total chair time: 8 hours
Watch The Video How-To Below
View this post on Instagram
Who Did It
1. Start by applying Olaplex No.2 to her processed hair, keeping it away from the regrowth for now.
2. Then, apply Formula A to the regrowth only and use cotton to separate each section. Process until she reaches a Level 9/10.
3. Rinse, then reverse the process. Apply Olaplex No.2 to her freshly lightened regrowth and apply Formula A again but from the midlengths to the ends.
4. Place each section in foil, spot treatment with Olaplex No.2 where needed and then let process until she reaches a Level 9/10.
5. Rinse, then tone with Formula B and let process.
6. Rinse again, then apply Olaplex No.2 and let it sit on the hair for about 15 minutes.
7. Do another round of toner by applying Formula C, then let process and rinse.
8. Blow-dry the hair, then style as desired.