Today’s Highlights: 3 Techniques & Pricing Realities To Know
Formulation, Pricing & Technical Tips For Navigating Client’s Blonde Inspo Photos
Long gone are the days of a quick blonde refresh appointment. Thanks to social media, our clients want that expensive-looking blonde they’re seeing on their feeds daily. Keep scrolling for pro tips and advice from stylists around the world who are known for their modern day blonding techniques—they even shared their go-to formulas for you to try!
1. How To Achieve A Golden Blonde Without Pulling Yellow
Deep blondes are trending but, taking your die-hard blonde clients to a lower Level can be a little anxiety-ridden. To ensure your client still feels and sees the brightness they love within a deep blonde, evo Creative Team Member Bel Mills (@bel_pipsqueekinsaigon) shares her formula and go-to tips.
Try Bel’s golden blonde formula:
- Root tap: evo hue-verse demi-permanent gloss 20g 8 + 5g 8.1 + 6.5-volume evo hue-verse cream developer
- Ends: hue-verse demi-permanent gloss 10g 10.37 + 10g 10.7 + 20g Clear + 6.5-volume hue-verse cream developer
- For Bel’s in-depth formula and step-by-step, click here.
- Who is the ideal client? “This color works best for clients who are a Level 6 or lighter,” Bel says. If you have a dark-haired client requesting a golden blonde, educate them about the lightening service they WILL still need before achieving a deep blonde. “This technique does take time to begin with. Once that initial larger appointment is done, then touch-up appointments are much quicker,” she explains. Many clients see a dark blonde and assume their appointment will be lightener-free—make sure to manage proper expectations.
- Maintaining warmth takes extra at-home care. Although a golden blonde is definitely more manageable than platinum for most clients, at-home care along with routine appointments is still a huge must. Here are a few recommendations Bel likes to send her blonde clients home with:
- evo Ritual Salvation Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner
- evo The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask
- evo Fabuloso Platinum Blonde Toning Mist
- Scheduling 101. Bel recommends scheduling these appointments no more than eight to twelve weeks apart. This timeframe ensures the color will remain naturally warm without risking the need for a refresh lightener at every appointment.
2. Beige Blonde For Any Client: Formula Details You Must Know
- A lived-in root is typically needed to create a neutral tone that the rest of the blonde hair can lay against.
- Every client’s beige blonde formula will look different depending on their existing undertones, porosity and starting Level.
- Do NOT assume every client will process to a neutral tone just because you used a neutral toner.
- Most clients pull very warm with neutral color, so adding in ash tones will likely be needed to cancel out the warmth to bring the tone back to a neutral level.
Here are some gloss shades to mix and match for the perfect beige blonde…
- evo hue-verse demi-permanent gloss shades:
3. Pricing Recommendations & Advice For Custom Blonde Services
Do not let your client be fooled by a natural-looking inspo photo! Creating blondes that look “real” can typically take more time than a less lived-in shade. So, when your client has a long appointment ahead of them, you need to charge accordingly. “These services have been one of the hardest things to work out as a business owner,” says Bel. “They can take all day, which means only one client is receiving a full day’s bill.”
What stylists need to know:
- “For work like this, I charge $200 per hour. This is an all-day, one-on-one job,” says Bel.
- “These appointments are mega, I understand why not everyone offers them. This took me from 9:30am to 5pm,” Bel explains.
- This transformation included back-to-back foils, tip-outs, treatments, toner, haircut and styling. Your client may not need every service, so be mindful of price adjustments!
Swipe to see Bel’s 6+ hour transformation:
What clients need to know (stylists, be a good communicator!):
- Foiling for results like the transformation below can take over five hours—and that is not the full appointment time.
- Pricing may be reflected per hour, meaning the final total may not be determined until the appointment is over.
- At-home care is required. No matter what trending shade your client requests, hours of work will not maintain itself! Recommend the proper care and appointment maintenance to keep your work looking salon-fresh.
Water Killer Dry Shampoo
Haze Styling Powder
Fabuloso™ Platinum Blonde Toning Shampoo
Fabuloso™ Platinum Blonde Toning Mist
The Best Hair & Beauty Launches Of November 2023
Fabuloso™ Platinum Blonde Colour Boosting Treatment
These September Hair Launches Will Cure Your Post-Summer Blues
Introducing evo™ Staino
evo™ Welcomes DJ Muldoon To Their Creative Team
top drop scalp concetrate
The Best Hair Color Trends of Summer 2023
Your Official Guide To Barbie Blonde
Custom Peachy Pink
5 Hair Trends Clients Will Request This Summer
The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask
Mister Fantastic Blowout Spray
Love Touch Shine Spray
Happy Campers Wearable Treatment
Day of Grace Pre-Style Primer
Ritual Salvation Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner
Icon Welder Heat Protection Spray
Natural, Golden Blonde
evo’s “Unlimited” Campaign Champions Self-Expression
Beige Bleach Blonde