The BTC Show Goes Hands-On For 2023
Everything You Need To Know About The Biggest BTC Show Yet!
Industry education has drastically changed—and we’re here to exceed ALL expectations! From TikTok and Instagram transforming the way hairstylists learn to industry-changing techniques, products and trends, we have it all onstage, in our NEW classrooms, in one place, curated for REAL stylists behind the chair.
Peek at our all-new show, what you can expect, what you’ll need to pack and everything in between for the best weekend of the year!
Where: Austin, Texas at the JW Marriott Hotel—BOOK NOW!
When: August 19-22, 2023
Tickets: On sale Tuesday, June 13th @ 3pm CT
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Read This:
The BTC Show schedule has changed! Review this list before choosing your ticket to ensure you’re selecting the package best suited for your weekend.
1. When reviewing ticket packages, be mindful that Look & Learn and Hands-On classes will be pre-selected (by YOU!) and each package offers a different amount of classes you can take.
Pro Tip: Our team recommends the VIP ticket to anyone looking for the best value of the most classes and first choice of class booking.
2. This year, we have created OVER THIRTY Look & Learn classes from your favorite artists across the world. Check out the class schedule to keep an eye on the classes you’d like so you can book while purchasing your ticket!
3. Our iconic Mainstage is PACKED this year—look through the education schedule to see how many artists you can see up close and personal.
4. #ONESHOT Hair Awards is the event our industry waits all year for. Don’t forget to secure your ticket for Sunday night!
PSST—Did you know you can pre-order #ONESHOT Hair Awards Class of 2023 Yearbook now?
Look & Learn Vs. Hands-On Vs. Mainstage Classes
We are PACKING in the education from the industry’s most sought-after artists and influencers. This year, attendees will enjoy Mainstage presentations as usual with the option of additional Look & Learn and Hands-On certification classes.
What’s the difference?
- Mainstage Education—Your favorite teams of artists educating together on the biggest stage in hair history. Come and go as you please throughout the entire show to learn from the biggest names in the industry on one stage.
- Look & Learn Classrooms—NEW to The BTC Show! We’ve gathered the most influential hairdressers to teach their “claim to fame” techniques in 90-minute hair color, haircutting and barbering classes. Look & Learn classrooms are an intimate setting where attendees get up-close-and-personal education. The amount of classes you can attend will be determined by your ticket package.
- Hands-On Certifications—NEW to The BTC Show! Three full hours of hands in hair. Learn from the industry-changing artists and brands to take home certifications to use in the salon to grow your business, skill set and wallet.
- AI + Social Media Workshop—Don’t know about the world of AI and Social Media Updates? We do. This 4-hour workshop will transform the way you do business through social media. Workshop tickets are included in most ticket packages.
This Year’s BIGGEST Party Lineup Schedule
Work hard, play hard. Schedule your travel plans according to this lineup so you don’t miss one second of the iconic (and Instagramable) BTC Show parties.
- BTC’s Epic Pool Party: Saturday, 2pm. JW Marriott Austin rooftop—must be a hotel guest to attend!
- Party of One: Saturday, 6pm. Hundreds of attendees come to the BTC Show alone every year, here’s your chance to meet one another before the official show opens!
- #ONESHOT Hair Awards Finalist Cocktail Hour: Saturday, 7:30pm. Let’s CELEBRATE our 2023 finalists before the big night! Invite only.
- #ONESHOT Hair Awards Top 100 Party: Saturday, 8:30pm. After our finalists toast their way around the gallery, our TOP 100 will join in to party! Invite only.
- #ONESHOT Hair Awards: Sunday, 8:30pm. The night our industry waits all year for—don’t forget your ticket!
- Space Cowboy Bar Crawl: Monday night 8pm-12am on Rainey Street. Join BTC and the show’s artists to show Austin how hairdressers work hard, play hard. This year’s theme is SPACE COWBOY! Check out our Pinterest board for some styling inspo.
How To Attend The AI + Social Media Workshop
Don’t be intimidated by AI and social media—get AHEAD of it! Our must-see panel of social influencer experts, industry stars and BTC Founder Mary Rector will be spilling all the info you have to know moving forward as a hairdresser on social media.
When? Tuesday, 10am-2pm on Mainstage! This workshop if FREE for all Front Row, Premium VIP, Super VIP and VIP ticket holders. For Premium and General ticket holders, purchase your workshop ticket here!
Navigating The Connection Center: What To Expect
Think of the Connection Center as the show’s family room. You can hang out, grab a drink chat with your hair icons, grab must-try products at your favorite brand’s interactive booths, sit back and watch Mainstage presentations on our big screen and SO much more.
If you have any core memories from our show, it’s likely they happened in this room! Stick around to learn and laugh throughout the day—and keep your eyes out for the biggest names in hair roaming around every booth! 👀
Packing List: Everything You’ll Want For The Show
Whether you’ve been with us for countless shows or you’re joining us for the first time, here are a few essentials you’ll want to throw in your suitcase!
- COMFY shoes! Walking around the Connection Center, Mainstage and classrooms does not require stilettos.
- Note pad, iPad, camera, tripod, etc. You’ll be learning a ton—make sure you bring any tools you like to take notes with.
- Outfits that are ready to party (peep the party list above for details.)
- Bathing suit—can’t miss out on the iconic BTC Show Pool Party! 🌈
- LEAVE ROOM IN YOUR SUITCASE! You’ll be bringing home a goody bag with $400 worth of new products.