How-To: Smoky Sombre
Shadow root, ombré, smoky hues and hints of violet—so many trends all rolled into one stunning color creation! This look is courtesy of Lynn Huynh and Kimemily Pham of Excellent Hair Salon & Spa in Fremont Calif. Lynn and Kimemily’s client came to them with previously balayaged hair and wanted to go darker but maintain her ombré look. So together they transformed their client from a faded ombré to a smoky sombre. Here’s how they did it.
Kenra Professional Color Formulas
Formula A: 2 oz. Demi SV Silver Violet Rapid Toner + 2 oz. Demi VP Violet Pearl Rapid Toner + 8 oz. 9-volume developer
Formula B: 2 oz. Demi 5A + 1 oz. Demi 4A + 6 oz. 9-volume developer
Formula C: 2 oz. Permanent 7SM Silver Metallic + 2 inches Blue Booster + 1 inch Violet Booster + 1/4 oz. Olaplex + 4 oz. 9-volume developer
1. Begin by applying Kenra Professional Porosity Equalizing Spray in sections and comb through for even distribution.
2. Apply Formula A all over and process for 5 minutes.
3. Rinse well, and dry completely.
4. Apply Formula B, saturating from the base to midlengths, creating a shadow root.
5. Apply Formula C to the ends, melting the midlengths and ends together for a seamless look.
6. Process at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse and treat with Olaplex No.2 for 15 minutes.
7. Shampoo and condition with Kenra Professional Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner.
8. Lynn and Kimemily finished with a trim and a blowout, then set in pin curls for 10 minutes and smoothed with a paddle brush.
Total Price: $250.00
How did Lynn and Kimemily get those smooth, effortless waves? BTC spies with our little eye the one and only Power Styler! The perfect ceramic attachments for any flat-edged blow dryer, the Power Styler smooths, straightens and styles in half the time, creating classic styles that last! Buy your Power Styler today!