The Textured Hair Elevated’s 2nd Annual THE Summit Is Happening January 17 & 18
Get All The Deets On This 2-Day, Live Digital Event!
If expanding your services to include curly and textured hair is at the top of the 2021 resolution list, then you’re in luck because THE Summit, The Textured Hair Elevated’s education event, is back on January 17 and 18, 2021. That’s right! Two days, 10 artists and 10 hours of live online education focused on elevating, educating and ensuring stylists of all backgrounds are able to expertly work with any client’s texture.
“Participants will learn from top stylists in the industry on how to work with all textures across all categories: Color, cut and style,” shares Tippi Shorter (@tippishorterrank), Co-Founder of THE Summit & MIZANI Global Artistic Director. “The importance of understanding texture is vital to everyone’s professional growth as a stylist. The key for any artist is to understand that hair is just a fabric. From there, the real growth happens and manipulating any hair (or fabric) is an art.”
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know, like the artist lineup, ticket info and major giveaway deets!
THE Summit Artist Lineup
- Naeemah LaFond (@naeemahlafond)
- Kauilani Goodwyn (@kauigoodwyn)
- Rachel Redd (@rachel_redd)
- Aymen Mohesco (@mohesco)
- Pekela Riley (@pekelariley)
- John Mosley (@popular_nobody)
- Tippi Shorter (@tippishorterrank)
- Jeannetta Walker-Rodgers (@watchmyhairbounce)
- Michelle O’Connor (@michelleoconnorbeauty)
- Leysa Carillo (@leysahairandmakeup)
THE Summit has expanded and is now a two-day event happening Sunday, January 17 and Monday, January 18. Both days will last from 12pm to 6pm ET, with five texture experts educating on one day and five others teaching the next day:
- Sunday, January 17
- 12:10pm ET: Naeemah will teach styling techniques.
- 1:20pm ET: Kauilani will teach color techniques.
- 2:30pm ET: Rachel will teach styling techniques.
- 3:40pm ET: Aymen will teach color techniques.
- 4:50pm ET: Pekela will teach cutting techniques.
- Monday, January 18
- 12:10pm ET: John will teach barbering techniques.
- 1:20pm ET: Tippi will teach cutting techniques.
- 2:30pm ET: Jeannetta will teach color techniques.
- 3:40pm ET: Michelle will teach styling techniques.
- 4:50pm ET: Leysa will teach color techniques.
Thanks to early bird pricing, which lasts until December 28, 2020, VIP tickets are currently $125 and General tickets are $75. Once this pricing special expires, VIP tickets will increase to $149 and General tickets will be $99.
Note: VIP tickets include a swag bag packed with full-sized sponsor goodies, access to rewatch THE Summit for 30 days and special giveaway perks. General tickets will only have access to rewatch for seven days.
For more information OR to purchase your ticket, CLICK HERE!
THE Summit Sponsors & Giveaways
This year’s event sponsors include amika, The Textpert Collective, MIZANI, Blonde Solutions, True & Pure Texture Extensions, Dyson, Popular Nobody, Pivot Point, Pulp Riot, Canvas Me, Alfaparf Milano, Matrix, Redken and Social Art House. There will be giveaways from each sponsor throughout the two-day event as well as a special giveaway opportunity from Dyson.
Additionally, 10 attendees will each receive $250 scholarships that can be used for any class from any of the sponsors, PLUS two attendees will win Share The Stage Spotlight Awards, which gives them the opportunity to educate at the next THE Summit. (Details for how to apply for each will be shared during the event.)