BUTTERCREAM FACE-FRAME FORMULA
*Redken VG Shades have entered the chat.* Redken recently came out with it’s Violet Gold Family and these shades are formulated to reflect violet and gold and leave color with an iridescent finish. Redken Brand Ambassador Daniel Mora (@danielmbeauty) created this highly dimensional color with the new shades and the results are a stunning creamy butter blonde. Scroll through for all of his tips and tricks to creating this look.
Total chair time: 3 to 4.5 hours
1. Who is the ideal client for this look?
This look is ideal for the client who is not ready or doesn’t want to be all over blonde, but still wants a pop of color. This look is also great for the client with a low-maintenance lifestyle who doesn’t want to be in the salon frequently.
2. What maintenance is required for this look?
For at-home care, Daniel recommends Redken Extreme Bleach Recovery Shampoo and Extreme Bleach Recovery Lamellar Treatment to protect against further damage. He also recommends the Acidic Perfecting Leave-In Treatment For Damaged Hair for heat protection. This look is low-maintenance so Daniel sees this client in the salon every six months, with some clients going up to a year.
1. Start in the back of the head working in a diagonal-back highlight pattern using Formula A.
2. Work your way to the hairline next and create 3 back-to-back face-framing baby lights with Formula A.
3. Once the hairline is done, continue throughout the rest of the head in the same diagonal back-to-back highlight using Formula A until finished.
4. Using Formula B, tip out random end pieces for an organic look.
5. Process until desired level is reached.
6. Rinse and shampoo with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo For Damaged Hair.
7. Apply Formula C to the root and melt into Formula D on the ends. Process for 15 minutes.
8. Rinse and condition with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Conditioner For Damaged Hair.
9. Rinse and style as desired.