@mastersofbalayage’s Tips To Better Your Babylights
We live in a balayage world, but sometimes, you just gotta change it up. And changing it up with some super-fine babylights is def a good way to go. Here’s what Ryan Weeden (@ryan.weeden/@mastersofbalayage) says about perfecting your babylight placement at the hairline!
When working with irregular hairlines…
- Weave and paint the sections very carefully and as close to the scalp as possible.
- Maintain control of the foil at all times to avoid slippage.
- Take your time! This application should never be rushed.
When working on tiny sections…
- Keep your product extra thick while painting—it acts like glue to keep the foil in place.
- Know the products and tools you’re using—it betters your accuracy and placement. Ryan’s go-to brush is the @prettylittleombre freehand painting brush (buy it here!).
Watch Ryan demo his technique!