A Brush to Replace the Flat Iron?
Let’s face it—flat irons are so 2001. It’s time for a new twist on a smoothing classic for the modern client who wants more volume in those silky smooth strands. Enter the Tangle Teezer Blow-Styling Paddle Brush, a blowout tool unlike any other. With its rigid teeth, specially designed to extract surface water, not only does this styling tool get your client dry in less time, but it ensures no pulling, stretching or thinning.
The Blow-Styling Paddle Brush increases volume, natural movement, shine and reduces frizz in a single brush stroke. The best part? Because this tool targets the strand from roots to ends, your results stay smooth and shiny longer than ever before. Bonus: The Blow-Styling Paddle Brush also makes for an AMAZING retail item.
Here’s how you can get her hair straight and silky while still pumping up the volume!
How-To: Silky Smooth in No Time!
1. Divide wet hair into two sections and pin the top section to the scalp. Working piece by piece, take a small amount of hair at a time from the clipped section.
2. Starting with the fine hair nearest to the face, use the first track of the Tangle Teezer Blow-Styling Brush to grab onto the hair, getting as close to the root as possible. Focusing solely on the hair closest to the root, apply heat above the tool.
3. Use a few brushstrokes from root to lengths, moving slowly down the shaft to take out the curl.
4. Go from the midlengths to the ends, applying heat.
5. Release a new section and continue this method until the hair is smooth, volumized and frizz-free. As you move across the head, begin overdirecting the hair for a more volumized finish.
Bonus Tips For Your BEST Blow-Dry!
1. As a hairdresser, you’re used to working quickly! With this tool, make sure the hair is fit snuggly in the brush and then move down the shaft slowly—the tool takes care of speed for you.
2. Always leave the ends of the hair for last—since they dry so quickly.
3. Never place the heat directly against the tool. Because the Blow-Styling Paddle Brush has specially designed teeth for enhanced dry and strong hold, all you need to do is apply the heat gently from above. The tool will hold the strands firmly in place.