5 Color Tips for Thinning Hair
Did you know that if your client is experiencing thinning hair or hereditary hair loss, color can be a great tool to enhance the look and feel of her hair? It can also help in creating dimension, texture and added fullness. Ready to add some oomph to her fine locks? Here are five tips from celebrity stylist and BTC resident thinning hair expert, Jill Crosby.
1. When coloring thin or thinning hair, go a shade lighter to help mask the contrast between hair and scalp.
2. Choose a tone that works well to complement the skin, while lifting the natural color and highlight around the face. This rich blonde tone, for example, works well with Jill’s client’s light skin tone.
Learn More about Women’s Rogaine!
3. Suggest your client consider a long-term solution like Women’s Rogaine® scalp treatment to regrow more hair.
Pro Tip: For best results, do not apply Women’s Rogaine® on the same day of color application.
Once the color process is complete and you begin to dry and style, you can really see the difference. The brighter tone helps to give an illusion of thicker hair while framing the face and taking the attention away from any trouble areas.
4. When styling, apply a thermal heat protecting spray and with your dryer on low to medium heat, gently use a round brush to help give shape and lift without pulling or causing tension.
5. Finish off the look with a volumizing hairspray to add definition and lock it in place. You’ll notice a huge difference, as the color actually helps to expand the hair shaft giving added thickness in diameter.
Watch the Video on Color Tips for Thinning Hair!
Get more Women’s Rogaine® looks: