Sebastian Professional Announces North American & International Finalists For 2018 What’s Next Awards
Sebastian Professional announced the North American and International Finalists for the 2018 What’s Next Awards Competition. This year, the premiere hairstyling competition welcomed artists from across the globe for the chance to compete onstage with some of the best talent in the industry. Hairdressers at Heart—students, professionals and affiliate artists—set out to shape the evolution of creative vision through innovative interpretations of Sebastian Professional’s Twisted collection. Finalists are now one step closer to becoming #WhatsNext, and will showcase their creative talents and artistic ambition at a live finale competition in Los Angeles on Feb. 25.
The 2018 Sebastian Professional What’s Next Awards Finalists are:
North American Finalists
- Student Category:
- Rachel Alvord, Bellus Academy
- Diane Keplinger, Bellus Academy
- Amber Riegle, Salon Alexandra
- Industry Professional Category:
- Keisha Mines, Nirvana Hair Salon
- Erica Keelen, Studio Sage
- Adrian de la Parra, Bellus Academy
- Affiliate Artist Category:
- Jonathan James, The Harlot Salon
- Janet Algeciras, Hot Heads Salon
- Samantha Gunn, Eric Alt Salon
- Rosallie Asmar, Björn Axén, Stockholm, Sweden
- Danny Van Tuijl, DVT Handcrafted Hair, Vienna, Austria
- Brodie-Lee Stubbins, Rokstar, Brisbane, Australia
- Harri Åkerberg, A.K.A Luova, Helsinki, Finland
- Yohann Jouvanceau, Jouvanceau², Lyon, France
All finalists will be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges on the following criteria during the live finale: consistency with the Sebastian Professional brand, style and technical finish, and an overall look including holistic makeup and wardrobe. The People’s Choice Award will return to the 2018 event, and fans can vote for their favorite looks on the Sebastian Professional What’s Next Instagram page.
For more information about the 2018 What’s Next Awards Competition, visit sebastianwna.com or follow @SebstianWNA on Instagram.