Rejuvenate Your Hair Back to its Virgin-Like State
Wish you could hit the reset button on your clients’ damaged hair? amika Virgin is a two-step professional system that is here to help you rejuvenate your client’s most damaged strands. Virgin works to create new, and reconnect existing, disulfide bonds that form healthy hair, repair damage and prevent additional breakage from happening. amika Virgin aims to bring hair back to its original, virgin-like state even when your client wants to drastically change their look.
This two-step process can be used as a single service or applied in combination with any chemical treatment and no increase to the client’s appointment time. Virgin is comprised of two steps: Virgin Protect and Virgin Lock.
Virgin Protect penetrates deep within the hair’s cortex to protect hair bonds and prevent chemical damage. The high-tech delivery system also works to create new bonds for advanced repair of existing chemical damage. By protecting and repairing the hair, Virgin Protect leaves the client with resilient hair that looks and feels strong.
Virgin Lock is a rinse-out treatment designed to be used after Virgin Protect. The nutrient-rich formula fuses the newly-formed bonds within the cortex to strengthen the structure, leaving hair closer to its natural state. Apply Virgin Lock evenly from root to tip and rinse after 2 to 3 minutes followed by conditioner for best results.
If your client wants a dramatic reduction in breakage, an increase in elasticity and an overall enhanced look, amika Virgin is exactly what they need. Get the look when coloring your client’s hair or as a stand-alone treatment. Both options rejuvenate locks and preserve your client’s hair virginity.
Get the Look
Directions for Virgin with powder and cream bleach (on-scalp, foil highlights, balayage)
1. Mix bleach and developer as usual.
2. Add 7 grams/mL (1/4 fl oz.) of Virgin Protect for every 30 grams/mL (1 oz.) scoop of powder used and mix well. For optimal consistency, mix Virgin Protect and equal parts powder + developer, though not required.
3. Apply and process as usual, rinse and shampoo. If applying toner, shampooing before is not necessary.
4. Apply Virgin Lock evenly to hair and leave on for 2 to 3 minutes, rinse and condition as normal.
Directions for Stand-Alone Virgin Treatment
This quick stand-alone treatment is an easy way to generate more revenue to your total service charge and, while boosting your own sales, your client’s hair is profiting as well!
1. Mix 10 grams/mL (1/3 fl. oz) of Virgin Protect + 15 grams/mL (1/2 fl. oz) of Virgin Lock in a color bowl.
2. Apply mixture from roots to ends on clean, damp hair and apply processing cap.
3. Process under heat for 15 minutes and rinse.
4. Apply Virgin Lock evenly to hair and leave on for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse and condition as normal.
* For additional directions for color, straightening, perms, Keratin and Brazilian treatment, please refer to the instruction booklet found within the amika Virgin boxed set.