Jaime Pressly’s Braided Faux-Hawk
At the 2015 Critic’s Choice Awards, actress Jaime Pressly proved you can still rock cool, intricate styles with short hair. Here's how stylist Jonathan Hanousek created her braided hawk.
Jaime Pressly’s Braided
At the 2015 Critic’s Choice Awards, actress Jaime Pressly proved you can still rock cool, intricate styles with short hair. She stepped out on the red carpet with this sleek, braided faux hawk styled by Jonathan Hanousek. “For Jaime’s look we wanted something glamourous but with a twist,” says Jonathan. “She loves her hair sleek, but I wanted to see some texture, so I created her braided hawk.” Here’s an inside look at how he did it!
1. Prep the hair with a few drops of CHI Argan plus Moringa Oil. Next, apply Farouk Royal Treatment Style Illumination and blow-dry the top of the head with a vent brush, directing the hair up and toward the top of the head.
Tip: Be sure to catch the shorter hairs in back.
2. Use a small round brush to refine the front hairline.
3. Work a small amount of CHI Deep Brilliance Glisten in the palms of your hands and work it through the hair to smooth and add shine.
4. To create the braided hawk, French braid the top of the head with medium tension, secure with a clear Blax Band and tuck the tail under and secure with Bobby Pins. Use hairpins to tighten and help everything to lay flat to the head, then gently pull out the front hairline to add height and create texture.
5. Using a tail comb and hair spray, smooth any flyaways.
6. To control the short sides, use a few shots of spray wax and smooth with fingers. Finish the look with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Firm Hold.