How-To: Cool Winter Blonde
- Formula A:
Goldwell SilkLift High-Performance Lightener + 20-volume developer
- Formula B:
SilkLift High-Performance Lightener + 30-volume developer + Olaplex No.1
- Formula C:
Goldwell Topchic® 7A + 10-volume Topchic® Developer
- Formula D:
SilkLift High-Performance Lightener + 30-volume developer
- Formula E:
1 part Goldwell Colorance 7NA + 1 part Colorance Developer Lotion
- Formula F:
2 parts Colorance 10P + 1 part Colorance Developer Lotion
Now that the warm weather has officially cooled off, we’re betting your buttery blondes are beginning to dream of something a little icier and ashier. That’s why we love this look from Becky Miller (@beckym_hair) of Habit Salon in Gilbert, Ariz. Her client came in with about 2 inches of regrowth, a 2-inch orange band and brassy blonde ends, so Becky worked her magic! Tap the beaker for the formulas, then get the steps below.
1. Apply Formula A to regrowth and the orange band.
2. Apply Formula B on the midlengths through the ends.
3. Apply Formula C to the dropout sections only on the roots, and feathering down to create a seamless blend. “I applied this as I worked up the head with the highlight,” Becky says.
4. Working with two dropout sections at a time, lightly tease the sections together and heavily weave the hair. Paint the ends with Formula D and process in foil. “I bump the developer on the teased-out ends because they do not have heat from the scalp to process,” Becky says.
5. Process for about 20 to 30 minutes to a pale blonde.
6. At the shampoo bowl, apply Olaplex No.2, then rinse and shampoo.
7. Towel-dry the hair and section into quadrants. Apply Formula E to the roots, feathering about 1 inch down in the front and about 2 inches down in the crown and at the back of the head to create a teardrop shadow.
8. Use Formula F to tone from the midlengths to the ends. Process for 10 to 15 minutes.