7 Met Gala Hair & Beauty Trends To Follow ASAP
These 2019 Met Gala Hair Trends Are Extra, But So Are You
Unless you deleted your Instagram, Twitter and your friends’ group text…you’ve seen some of the viral (and dramatic) beauty images from this year’s Met Gala. If that DID happen, here’s a lil recap: Basically every celebrity and fashion designer you’d ever want to hang out with, or in their closet, paraded down the pink carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art dressed to kill in couture—and this year’s theme, “Camp: Notes on Fashion,” celebrated unapologetic maximalism so you know the hair didn’t disappoint.
But what is Camp? No, it’s not how you spent your childhood summers. Camp fashion is an aesthetic, a love for exaggeration—think flamboyance, androgyny, both extreme feminism and masculinity, irony and the humor of being extra. Here’s what we saw for hair: From a Barbie glam revival to dip dye neons and high-volume eyelashes, the 2019 Met Gala blessed us with these seven hair and beauty trends! Scroll through them all.
1. Pin Straight Hair: Smoother Than Your Ex BF
2. Color Pop: Pastels, Neons, Dip Dye and Metallics
3. Barbie IRL: Come On Barbie, Let’s Go Party!
4. Big Hair & Bouffants: The Higher The Hair, The Closer To Heaven
5. Longer Than Life Eyelashes
These lashes deserve their own moment! We see you, Janelle Monae 👀
Hair by Nikki Nelms (@nikkinelms) & Dress by Christian Siriano
View this post on Instagram
6. Literally A Million Headpieces
7. Wigs: From Pixies To Platinum