November 8, 2017
5 Holiday Retail Ideas To Think About Right Now
It’s official: we are now in the busiest time of year! Here are five retail strategies to maximize holiday profits.
1. Start Early
- For many, the holidays are not a time to splurge on last-minute gifts. In fact, a lot of people start shopping as early as October to reduce stress and cost.
- If your clients are thinking ahead, you should be too!
- Start promoting your holiday retail products and packages as early as possible—and reward those early-bird buyers!
2. Sell “Luxury”
- Know that salon products are considered luxurious.
- If a client says something like, “Ugh, my mother-in-law is so hard to shop for!” respond with, “What kind of hair does she have? I have shampoos, conditioners and styling products that can help her hair behave! They’re luxurious and she’ll find them much for useful than a lot of gifts.”
3. Do The Math
- Don’t assume your clients are calculating the deal.
- If you have signage that says, “$16/$29 Value!” post another sign that says, “You save $13!”
- Be loud about your client’s savings.
4. Decorate With Product
- Don’t spend money on decorations that don’t sell.
- Instead, adorn the salon with simple, bold holiday gift bags that the customer can take home.
- Stuff the bags with brightly colored tissue paper and place them at every work station next to products and a sign that says:
- “Let us help you with your holiday gift list! Give a gift they really need (everyone has to wash their hair)!”
- “Let us help you with your holiday stress—we have the perfect gift!”
5. Create Product Policies
- Remember that gift givers are not mind readers—so give clients a gift receipt option for something of equal or lesser value.