Velvet Lilac Color Formula
7/8, with platinum ends and lavender faded from a previous color application
Matrix Light Master + 25-volume developer
Pulp Riot Velvet + Pulp Riot Mercury
Pulp Riot Lilac + Pulp Riot Mercury
When her bold color starts to fade, your color-lovin’ client is already thinking ahead to the next shade she wants to rock. If she’s feeling the purple palatte, check out this velvet lilac color formula from Stephanie Aretakis (@freecuppycake), a senior stylist at Milazzo & Mattey Salon in Milltown, N.J. This how-to features a super trendy shadow root on a rich lilac shade. Check it out below!
Natural/Starting Level: 7/8, with platinum ends and lavender faded from a previous color application
Formula A: Matrix Light Master + 25-volume developer
Formula B: Pulp Riot Velvet + Pulp Riot Mercury
Formula C: Pulp Riot Lilac + Pulp Riot Mercury
1. Lighten her balayage by applying Formula A in foils. Process for 20 minutes.
2. Shampoo and condition, then pre-tone with Matrix Brass Off Mask. Process for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse.
3. Towel-dry her hair, then apply Formula B to the base.
4. Apply Formula C to the ends, then blend Formulas B and C. Process for 30 minutes.
5. Wash, blow-dry and style as desired.
The finished look!