QUICKIE: @domdomhair’s Undone Wave
Whether she’s rocking a chin-length chop or long locks, Dominick Serna (@domdomhair), a stylist at Chris McMillan the Salon, is a pro at creating the ultimate undone wave on hair of any length. Since this style remains on top as one of the most-requested, we’re breaking down his go-to technique. Click through the slideshow above to see the variety of undone waves @domdomhair has created, then check out the full video below!
6 things to keep in mind…
- Dom’s go-to tool? The 1.25 inch Marcel iron from Hot Tools!
- Curl each section in different directions.
- When curling the hair, pull the iron downward so the curl comes out loose and lived-in.
- Put the heat as high as it can—the hotter the iron is, the better the curl holds—BUT don’t leave the iron in the hair for very long.
- Let each wave cool, then shake out the hair at the end.
- Finish the style by spraying some of your fave dry texture spray throughout.
Now see how it’s done!
Everything We Learned About Cutting Bobs In 2017
Our Top 5 Razor-Cutting How-Tos From 2017
12 Shag Haircuts To Inspire Your ‘70s-Loving Clients
The “Social” Celebrity Panel
The Behind The Chair Show 2017: Day 2
QUICKIES: Cutting Bobs, L.A. Layers & Men’s Cuts
Shags: 4 Ways to Texturize
4 Ideas for Your Next Shag Cut
2 Bob-Cutting Quickies From @domdomhair
BTC “On Tour” LA 2017
4 Celeb Stylists Spill Their Secrets at BTC “On Tour”
BTC “On Tour” Takes LA