Need Volume? These Styling Tips Give Thin Hair An Instant Lift
5 Styling Hacks For Adding Fullness To Thin-Haired Clients
If there’s one thing we’ve been seeing on our trend charts time and time again, it’s supermodel-level volume. We’re talking mega-volume blowouts, full ponies, maxed-out fringe—the works. With clients lining up for these amped-up styles, giving your finer-haired customers the hair of the dreams (and Pinterest boards) can be a little intimidating. Keep scrolling for pro tips and techniques on how to give finer hair a little extra “oomph!”
Give thin and fine hair some extra TLC: Browse these salon staples!
1. Create volume with this tried & true product cocktail.
Who doesn’t love a good product cocktail? We’ll tell you now: NO ONE. Personalized product combinations can be a huge timesaver. Plus, they make can make clients feel more seen at your chair!
When it comes to volumizing fine hair, BTC Team Member Taylor Dellatorre (@taylordidmyhair) has one product mixture up her sleeve that you’ll be using on repeat. All you need are two magic products and a strategic blow-dry. Here’s how it’s done:
- Start by applying Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Multiplying Volume Mist to thicken and strengthen the hair with touchable volume while adding flexible hold and shine.
- Then, apply Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture CC Cream on the ends of the hair for extra moisture and smoothness.
- Treat the hair to a rough blow-dry. Make sure to lift the root with your fingers for optimal volume!
- Finish with a round brush, going against the hair’s natural fall.
See Taylor’s round brush technique:
2. This specialized shampoo & conditioner hold the secret to fuller locks.
When’s the best time to start volumizing your client’s hair? At the shampoo bowl. Taylor uses this shampoo and conditioner duo to give her thinner-haired clientele the royal treatment:
- Alterna Haircare Caviar Clinical Densifying Shampoo: Gently cleanses, gives the hair a fuller appearance, detoxifies and removes buildup, and provides texture to finer hair types.
- Alterna Haircare Caviar Clinical Densifying Foam Conditioner: Hydrates and moisturizes the hair, increases volume and density, and helps thin hair look fuller.
Bonus points if you send clients home with a bottle or two. P.S.: They’ll thank you later with more visits to your chair!
Just look at the results!
Shop Taylor’s go-to styling products ASAP: Click here!
3. Looking for instant lift? Try this mousse hack for thin hair!
Taylor usually shies away from thickening products that leave the hair with a tacky residue, but this Alterna Haircare Caviar Clinical Densifying Styling Mousse leaves the hair feeling fuller and denser without a stiff, sticky finish. Plus, it’s lightweight and actually works to strengthen the hair while helping to prevent damage. Talk about the best of both worlds!
Here’s how to use it:
- Shake well, then evenly distribute an egg-size amount of mousse throughout the hair from scalp to ends.
- Blow-dry, focusing on lifting the roots and drying away from the hair’s natural fall.
- Grab your round brush and, using the same technique, lift the hair up and away from the scalp.
Hello, volume—no tackiness included!
4. A spray or two of this volumizing mist goes a long way.
Another volumizing pro fave? “Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist is the JAM!” says educator Stevie Meech (@hairbystevie). “A few sprays goes a long way! I love this because it doesn’t leave the hair feeling like there’s product in it. It’s lightweight and smells fantastic.”
View this post on Instagram
Watch Taylor’s go-to volumizing technique in action:
View this post on Instagram
Give clients thicker, more youthful-looking hair: Shop products now!
What’s Inside The Winter BTC Beauty Box
15 Styling Trends That Will Be Everywhere in Winter 2023
The HOTTEST Styling Trends Of Fall 2022
The BTC Show 2022: 10 Things We Saw
Monthly Launch List: EARTH MONTH 2022
Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Masque
5 Silk Press Tips To Avoid Damaging Curls
Henkel Launches Beauty Care United
COVID-19 Hair Loss: Why It Happens & Solutions For Clients
Clinical Densifying Styling Mousse
Clinical Densifying Scalp Treatment
Clinical Densifying Foam Conditioner
Clinical Densifying Shampoo
Earn Up To 50% Commission With Henkel’s New Affiliate Program
Henkel Is Hosting Hairdressers United, A 24-Hour Hair Broadcast For Salon Pros
Henkel To Purchase DevaCurl
The Silk Press: 7 Tips To Perfect The Process
9 Blowout Tips You Need In The New Year
Here’s How @andrewfitzsimons Preps A Long-Lasting Blowout
Caviar Anti-Aging Multiplying Volume Styling Mist
Our Top 2018 Ponytail Articles—Snatched, Dramatic & OMG-Worthy!
Your Complete 2018 Guide To Styling Bobs & Lobs