Master These Instagram-Approved Waves
You’ve given your client a sweet new haircut—now what? Emphasize the major movement and texture you’ve created by styling the ultimate lived-in waves, and she’ll be obsessed! LA cutter Tim Morrison (@timm.morrison) is making waves on all of his cool-girl clients, and we love this quickie tutorial he posted on Insta breaking down his technique. Get his best tips and watch the video below!
Get The Steps
- Start by assessing the texture of your client’s hair. Take smaller sections for heavy hair, and larger sections for finer hair.
- Depending on length, determine the size of the iron. Tim chose a Hot Tools Professional 1-inch barrel for his short-haired client.
- Working from bottom to top, start with the “sideburn” section around the hairline to help frame the face.
- Alternate the direction of each section, so you get more movement out of the cut.
- ALWAYS curl the front pieces away from the face.
- Apply your favorite product and let the waves cool. Then, break up the waves using your fingers.
Watch the full video below!