Living Proof Launches The SMART Way To Learn
Spending time in classes allows you to learn and understand what’s new and unique, while also keeping you up to speed with the technical skills you always need to have mastered—whether it’s a bob, a shag or whatever the TOTD (trend of the day) might be.
Everyone knows that the only constant in life is change—and this is especially true when it comes to the fashion, beauty and hair industry. We see it all the time: one day bobs are in, and the next day, it’s something else entirely. (Although, if it were up to us, bobs would always be in!)
But this is exactly why education is so important. Spending time in classes allows you to learn and understand what’s new and unique, while also keeping you up to speed with the technical skills you always need to have mastered—whether it’s a bob, a shag or whatever the TOTD (trend of the day) might be.
The Fundamentals Come First
“The only thing that makes me feel comfortable is to know as much as I can,” says Living Proof Co-Founder Ward Stegerhoek. “It allows you to approach your job in a more creative way and to work with feeling.”
And it’s true—you need to know the fundamentals before you can truly let your creativity fly. That’s the message behind the Living Proof brand, and that’s exactly why they’re breaking into the professional education scene with their new Style Lab events—a program that features SMART™, the methodology behind the education. SMART™, which stands for: Science, Myth-Busting, Artistry, Routine and Transformation, teaches stylists to elevate and enhance their core salon skills to create truly unmatched hair every day.
Living Proof’s Style Lab events will be a two-day, pro-focused educational course where stylists will get everything from product knowledge to hands-on training. Here’s an outline of what the two days consist of:
- The Living Proof SMART™ methodology (which includes four cutting techniques and six styling techniques)
- Hands-on styling and live model demonstrations
- Signature styling and cutting techniques taught by the artistic and creative team
- The art of the client consultation
The SMART™ Techniques
In addition to all of the above, here’s an in-depth breakdown of the cutting and styling techniques taught throughout the two-day course.
1. Axis Cutting: The technique for blending the length of your layers.
2. Air-Crafting: The dry-finishing technique to create shape and movement.
3. Disconnect: The systematic technique for adding texture into every cut.
4. Edging: The technique to maximize texture, create softness and remove length with a razor.
1. Upside-down curls: The technique for creating soft waves.
2. Dry Fingerwaves: The technique for quick, dry fingerwaves.
3. Full Blow-Dry: The technique for maximum volume using a round brush and blow-dryer.
4. Flat Blow-Dry: The technique for sleek, smooth hair that’s perfect for dry-cutting.
5. Diffusing: The technique for properly diffusing to celebrate natural texture.
6. Beachwave: The technique for simplifying relaxed, low-key waves.
Watch the video for all the information!