5 Must-Know Tips From Hollywood’s Go-To Hair Extension Stylist
Priscilla Valles Shares Her Secrets To Take The Fear Out Of Hair Extensions
When you’re Hollywood’s go-to for hair extensions, you keep a lot of secrets in your back pocket. You know literally everything there is to know, and that’s what makes you the best! But, what if you could learn every need-to-know about this MAJOR moneymaking service—from application dos and don’ts to how to charge for extensions—directly from the industry’s expert? Hint: Now, you can. 😉
Priscilla Valles (@priscillavalles), whose clients are names like Christina Aguilera, the Kardashian-Jenner fam and Halle Berry, is changing the game. Priscilla took her two fave methods, Keratin Fusions and Hand Tied Tape-Ins, and partnered with Glam Seamless to bring them to life—paired with an entire educational system to train salon pros and application tools to get the job done, well…seamlessly!
Keep scrollin’ for five tips to get you started. Then, click here for access to Priscilla Valles x Glam Seamless digital courses and starter kits!
Remember this ICONIC extensions moment in hair history?! Yup, this was done by Priscilla.
View this post on Instagram
1. What Is The Best Method: Hand Tied Tape-Ins or Keratin Fusion Extensions?
The secret to Priscilla’s fool-proof extension method is this: they must be undetectable, no matter the extension type. Let’s start with the new collections and what makes them unique.
- Priscilla Valles Brazilian Blend Extensions are available in 20 custom hand-painted colors, inspired by bright Brazilian blends.
- The extensions are available in 17”, 21” and 25”, extra long lengths for dramatic transformations.
- The extensions have a loose wave texture that air-dries beautifully and can be styled.
How To Choose The Best Extension Method
Is this your client?
- Client doesn’t have a lot of time to sit in the salon
- On a budget?! They can reuse the hair up to 3 times.
- Looking for fast highlights or lowlights without the commitment of color and lightening services
- Fast fullness is on the top of their list of hair goals
If so, choose Hand Tied Tape-In Extensions! Click here to watch the full course and learn how to properly install, remove, maintain and charge for tape-ins.
Is this your client?
- Client wants lightweight extensions that move with their natural hair and go up to the hairline without being visible—ask, do they wear their hair up a lot?
- Client desires the most high-end hair they’re seeing on their celebrity mood boards
- Their dream hair is worth extra maintenance and costs! Keratin Bonds can be used only once, so they require more salon visits that can be more expensive.
If so, choose Keratin Bond Extensions! Click here to watch the full course for everything you need to know from start to finish.
3. How To Charge For Hair Extensions
- A full head of extensions is the most expensive hair service there is, says Priscilla. By becoming an expert in extensions, you can make yourself indispensable to clients.
- Full extension services are an alternative to extensive lightening and color processes, and you can charge up to 3x the amount!
- The client is paying for the luxury of not coloring their hair, so charge accordingly.
4. Use A Razor For A Natural Blend
Priscilla never uses scissors to cut extensions. Here’s why: Tape-ins and Keratin Bonds—essentially, hundreds of tiny ponytails—are blunt to start with. If she were to use scissors, the blunt lines would be visible at the ends and not naturally blended. Instead, she uses an Extension Blending Razor to cut, and then FINISHES with Extension Thinning Shears with sharp convex blades.
For Priscilla’s celeb clients like Kylie Jenner and Kim K who prefer a tapered end, she will really thin out the ends for a natural look. For super blunt haircuts, Priscilla still softens up the lines with a razor and thinning shears.
5. Prevent Tape-Ins From Slipping
Fear of extensions slipping? Priscilla has created a solution, the Tape Press Application Tool, to go over the sandwiched tapes to stick them together and squeeze out air pockets—you will actually hear the air pockets pop! When air pockets get filled with water, product, shampoo and conditioner, this can cause the tapes to peel and slide.
Pro Tip: Make sure to keep tape-ins extra secure with the application tool toward the top of the head. This is the area that will get the most water and the most product exposure, which makes these extensions most likely to slip without the correct application.
6. Save Time Cutting Keratin Bonds
Struggling with scissors when cutting Keratin Bond bundles into super fine individuals? The Keratin Fusion Bond Cutting Tool prevents tedious scissor-cutting that can cause discomfort and takes a LOT of time. The sharp point allows for precise cutting, so you can quickly cut fusion bonds to any size. Think about it like this: The more time you save, the more clients you can book in one day—and the more money you can make with extension services!
4 Hair Extension Dos + Don’ts From Kylie Jenner’s Stylist
BTC “On Tour” New York City 2020
BTC “On Tour” Nashville—Here’s How We Closed Out Our 2019 Tour
BTC “On Tour” Nashville
CELEBRITY PANEL AT #THEBTCSHOW 2019
These 6 Iconic Celebrity Hairdressers Are Coming To THE BTC SHOW
Invisi-Clip Hair Extensions
The Snatched Pony: 3 Tips From Kim K’s Stylist
Watch: Chris Appleton’s U-Part Wig Installation & Styling Technique 🔥
U-Part Wig Collection
Glam Seamless to Join the Beauty Industry Group Family of Brands