2 Classic Wavy Hair How-Tos From Kristin Ess
For events when your client wants to let her outfit do the talking, you need to be able to give her a low-key, yet chic style that won’t steal the show. Lucky for us, celebrity stylist Kristin Ess (@kristin_ess)—who works with stars like Lauren Conrad, Lucy Hale and Jenna Dewan Tatum—is known for posting slideshow how-tos of styles that are both quick and stunning to recreate. Check out two classic wavy hair how-tos below that clients with any length can rock!
1. Prep wet hair with KEH Thickening Spray, then curl each section in the exact same direction.
2. Next, brush it out using a large detangling paddle brush first to avoid hitting knots/tangles with a comb. Then, switch to a wide-tooth comb for detailing and continue combing. (You have to do it a lot!) Spray KEH Signature Finishing Hairspray as you work to create the wave pattern.
3. Slightly backcomb the waves to fatten them up and make them more voluminous, then pull waves apart and keep brushing.
4. Finish the look with a veil of the KEH Signature Finishing Hairspray.
Lauren Conrad’s Lived-In Waves
1. Prep wet hair with KEH Thickening Spray and rough-dry with a blow dryer. Then, brush it out using a large detangling paddle brush.
2. Curl each section in different directions (Kristin likes to use the 1¼ inch curling iron from Hot Tools), and drag the curling iron out on the ends instead of curling. Then, twist each strand in the direction you curled it and use your fingers to fan the wave out.
3. Use your hands to gently shake out the waves, then use a wide-tooth comb for detailing.
4. Finish the style with KEH Working Texture Spray.
Kristin Ess’ Guide To All Things Social Media, Hair & Beauty Inclusivity
These 11 Celeb Transformations Are Giving Us Life 🙌
These 13 Celeb Wet Looks Are Giving Us Life
12 Instas From Your Fave Celebrity Stylists
Kristin Ess’ Two Favorite Wave Techniques
10 Coolest Celeb Hair Moments Of The Week