Stop Hurting Your Clients! 3 Tips To Make Detangling Easier
A bomb cut and color doesn’t mean much if the client can’t stop thinking about that painful detangling process. It’s the details that can make or break a salon experience, so here are three things from Wet Brush Ambassador Jordan Glindmyer (@pinupjordan!) to remember when brushing out a knotty head of hair.
1. Lose The Fine-Tooth Comb
- “When I was in beauty school,” says Jordan, “we were instructed to detangle our client’s hair using a fine-tooth comb. That idea makes me want to cringe now!”
- Here’s why: It takes too long. Instead of spending time starting at the bottom, working in small sections and combing slowly through knots, opt for a detangling brush that’s made to start at the root and glide through hair quickly and easily.
2. Go Gentle On Chemically-Treated Clients
- “After a chemical treatment, hair is more delicate and harder to comb/brush through,” says Jordan. Using a detangling brush that is gentle on your clients—to avoid pulling, breakage or irritation at the scalp—is your best option. Plus, it protects the work you just did.
3. Give a Pain-Free Experience
- It’s the details that keep your clients happy—if you can keep brushing through knots pain-free, clients will remember that.
- “I’ve had clients who’ve said, ‘Whoa, what kind of brush is that? It didn’t even hurt!’ after I finish brushing them out,” says Jordan. Her answer? The Wet Brush Original Detangler. Every time.
As a stylist favorite (literally, it won the Stylist Choice Award this year for Favorite Brush/Comb), the Wet Brush Original Detangler can do all of the above and more. With its IntelliFlex® bristles and SofTips™ located on the top of every bristle, gliding through knots is easy and massaging the scalp to stimulate circulation at the follicle becomes routine. And, “It sells itself,” says Jordan. “Every stylist in the salon has one. We use it on clients in the chair and in our wash house, and if the clients know that we can’t live without it, neither can they!”
Here’s a quickie video on how the Wet Brush Original Detangler works:
Here’s a go-to guide when using the brush:
Warm Brunette Balayage
Rooty, Foilayaged Blonde
5 Super Satisfying Brush Out Videos
Flex Dry® Paddle
QUICKIE: Glam Beachy Waves
Epic Quick Dry Brush
Time Release Detangler
19 Products We Can’t Stop Obsessing Over