Bridal Bun: 3 Ways To Upgrade This Classic Style
Bridal Trends: 3 Ways To Update The Classic Low Bun
Your brides have been requesting elegant low buns for their wedding day since FOREVER—are you using the same old techniques or updating the staple look to keep up with the trends? Keep scrolling for three different ways to put a twist on bridal buns. Plus, need-to-know products and full video tutorials!
Refresh your kit with the must-have products top bridal stylists love!
The three key steps in the bridal process are prepping the foundation, styling and finish. That’s why your bridal kit should always include these products that will carry you from start to finish!
Prep: To give a style lift and hold, Australian-based bridal stylist Shauna Elizabeth (@shaunaelizabethhair) applies Moroccanoil® Volumizing Mousse to damp hair.
Styling: For grip when building the style, Shauna uses Moroccanoil® Dry Texture Spray. Plus, it also adds the perfect amount of texture to create subtle separation.
Finishing: To hold styles in place all night long, Sara Sterczewska (@sarasterczewska.hairstylist) sets her bridal buns with Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Strong.
3 tutorials for taking bridal buns to the next level
1. Effortless Twisted Bun: Boho waves and twisted strands give this bridal look effortless texture. Keep scrolling for the step-by-step from London-based stylist Katya Valentina (@katya.valentinahair) and watch the video for a full tutorial!
- Prep the hair by spraying Moroccanoil® Perfect Defense and curl the hair to create loose waves.
- Spray Moroccanoil® Dry Texture Spray to give the hair grip for twisting.
- Twist each subsection and cross it over to the other side of the head, secure with pins.
- At the nape, section the remaining hair into two low ponytails.
- Twist each ponytail and pin up to create a twisted chignon style.
- Pin away any loose ends and curl any loose strands for soft accent pieces.
Check Out The Full Tutorial Below!
View this post on Instagram
2. Two-Strand Twisted Bun: Moroccanoil® Artistic Team Member Latavia Alise (@ellealiseartistry) used hair extensions to create this twisty take on a bridal bun.
- Prep the hair with Moroccanoil® All In One Leave-In Conditioner.
- Section the hair from ear-to-ear with a radial parting. Apply Moroccanoil® Styling Cream to the back section and smooth it into a ponytail at the occipital bone.
- Apply more Moroccanoil® Styling Cream into the ponytail as needed. Then, create a two-strand twist within the ponytail (use extensions if needed!) all the way to the end. Wrap the twisted ponytail around the base to create the low bun.
- Create a diagonal-back parting at the left recession, connecting it to the radial parting.
- Smooth the hair using Moroccanoil® Styling Cream and create a two-strand twist along the hairline. Then, overdirect to the opposite side of the head. Secure with an elastic and wrap the end of the twist into the low bun.
- Create another two-strand twist along the right hairline all the way to the end. Secure with an elastic and wrap the twist around the low bun.
- Finish the style with Moroccanoil® Luminous Hairspray Strong and Moroccanoil® Glimmer Shine.
Watch The Video For The Full Step-By-Step!
View this post on Instagram
3. Curled Texture Bun: Twisted sections and a few curls at the crown give this low bun more drama and volume. Read the steps below to see how U.K.-based bridal stylist Hannah Taylor (@hairbyhannahtaylor) achieves it.
- Split the top of the hair into two sections (leave some hair out at the front hairline for later.)
- Twist subsections back and secure with pins.
- Twist remaining hair at the nape to create the low bun.
- Curl hair left out back to add volume to the top of the style.
- Finish with Moroccanoil® Dry Texture Spray for volume and visible texture.
Quiet Luxury Blonde: The “Old Money” Trend Explained
The Biggest Haircut Trends of Fall & Winter 2023
Your Guide To Fall & Winter 2023’s Hair Color Trends
When To Formulate With Ash Gold Toners
Dear Stylists, Why Continued Education Is Your Most Important Investment
The ’90s Bob: How To Cut & Style Fall’s Biggest Trend
Instagram for Hairdressers: 8 Ways To Grow Your Business
These September Hair Launches Will Cure Your Post-Summer Blues
Run, Don’t Walk: This New Anti-Frizz Spray Is A MUST-Have
4-in-1 Blow-Dryer Brush
Intense Smoothing Serum
Frizz Shield Spray
Moroccanoil The Collective™ Launches First Event In Las Vegas
Struggling With Regrowth? Try This Beige Color Melt
The Hottest Hair Product Launches Of Summer 2023
5 Color Correction Tips For Clients With Dark Bases
The Best Hair Color Trends of Summer 2023
Eurovision Hair Secrets: The Styling Team Answers Your Biggest Questions
All-Over, Golden Luxury Blonde
The Biggest Haircut Trends of Summer 2023
Subtle Ombré is The New Balayage—5 Tips You Must Know!
All-Over Bright, Shimmery Blonde
Your Official Guide To Barbie Blonde
The Last Product Launch Before Summer 2023