5 Tech Upgrades To Better Your Salon In 2018
It’s 2018—clients today expect automation and ease when it comes to booking appointments and making payments. If you aren’t using digital solutions in your salon, make it a goal this year to upgrade your technology and make your life easier! Here are five ideas to increase salon business with technology.
1. Create A Business App
- Give clients a way to access your business 24/7 with a mobile app.
- App benefits include:
- Added guest loyalty
- Communication about appointments
- Special promotional offers
2. Make The Payment Process Easier
- Make your check-out process mobile friendly with NFC-enabled terminals. NFC (near field communication) allows contactless payments during the credit card process—think Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- NFC-enabled payments are the future—they’re secure, fast and convenient.
- To accept this new type of payment method, the salon must upgrade to a credit card terminal that accommodates NFC payments.
3. Embrace Live Video
- 2018 will be the year of video—that means Instagram Live, Facebook Live and YouTube Live events will be everywhere.
- Live video is more appealing to brand audiences: 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog, and 82% prefer live video from a brand to social posts.
- Mobile viewers spend 8 times longer with live video than other on-demand options.
- One of the biggest perks? Live video doesn’t have to cost anything and can be done straight from a smartphone.
- If you’re looking to invest in live video, there are cost-effective cameras that offer high-quality live streaming without tying up someone’s personal phone.
Don’t Forget About Lighting
- Bad lighting can age clients in seconds and underrepresent your work.
- Invest in better lighting at mirror stations such as LED vanity lighting or ring lights.
- Create a selfie station at the salon—post-service selfies are a powerful marketing tool for stylists and the salons/spas.
- Brand the selfie station with your salon’s logo and hashtags, and of course, use a spot with good lighting!
Go Mobile For Management
- Now more than ever, salons and spas are upgrading their business management software.
- Salon and spa cloud software such as Meevo 2 offer a mobile-friendly register and fully functioning inventory tools, plus a smart waitlist with mobile confirmations and more.
- Watch this quick video on Meevo 2!
For more information on Meevo 2, visit millenniumsi.com.