September 5, 2018
American Crew® Launches New Skincare & Grooming Collection—ACUMEN™
American Crew® announced a major milestone in its ever-evolving interpretation of how men want to look, feel and ultimately define themselves. ACUMEN™ is the brand’s biggest launch to date with a complete collection of high-performance formulations for shower, shave, care and style that target the grooming needs of today’s man.
“We are so excited to inspire men to groom with confidence. This is more than a regimen. With ACUMEN™, we hope to elevate a man’s look while meeting the needs of his daily grooming ritual,” says David Raccuglia, Founder of American Crew®. “This new line brings an element of sharpness, sophistication and aspiration to the skincare, beard grooming and body care routine.
As American Crew® prepares for its 25th anniversary in 2019, the brand encourages men to reflect on their grooming routine with confidence. Led by the innovation that has made American Crew® one of the leading professional men’s grooming brands, ACUMEN™ products feature a powerful complex of vitamins, antioxidants and moisturizing agents to deliver superior performance and visible results.
The four-step ritual of grooming essentials includes:
Step 1: Shower
- In-Shower Face Wash—gentle oil-free facial cleanser that removes excess oil and dirt, leaving the skin feeling clean and refreshed.
- Clay Exfoliating Cleanser—intensive clay mask with polishing beads that remove impurities and exfoliate dead skin cells for smoother, glowing skin.
- Invigorating Body Wash—a body wash that gently cleanses the skin without stripping it of moisture while providing a fresh sensation.
- Daily Thickening Shampoo—cleanses and increases hair volume while refreshing the scalp. Reduces hair breakage by 80 percent when used together with AC Acumen™ Scalp Revitalizer.
Step 2: Shave
- Cooling Shave Cream—shave cream with a conditioning formula for a close, comfortable shave while providing a fresh sensation to the skin.
- Soothing Shave Cream—moisturizing cream expertly formulated to help soothe and leave skin feeling smooth and fresh.
- After Shave Cooling Lotion—a dual-action formula that works as a lightweight moisturizer/cooling aftershave and helps restore the skin’s moisture balance.
Step 3: Care
- Energizing Hydrating Gel—this oil-free moisturizing gel visibly improves the skin’s overall appearance, provides hydration and restores the look of his skin.
- Recharging Hydrating Cream—a fast-absorbing hydrating cream that provides rejuvenating hydration and helps support the skin’s elasticity, diminishing the look of fine lines.
- Eye Energizing Hydrating Gel—hydrating eye gel that immediately minimizes the appearance of puffiness and reenergizes the eye area.
- Scalp Revitalizer—fast-absorbing leave-in treatment that energizes the scalp, helps thicken the hair and provides volume. Reduces hair breakage by 80 percent when used together with AC Acumen™ Daily Thickening Shampoo.
- 24H Hand & Body Hydrator—a fast-absorbing daily lotion that leaves skin refreshed and moisturized, providing 24-hour hydration.
Step 4: Style
- Firm Hold Grooming Cream—a styling cream that provides firm hold and low shine and adds texture and definition.
- Nourishing Cream Pomade—provides light hold and low shine for a natural look.
- Classic Pomade—water-based pomade with medium hold and low shine that provides texture and allows him to restyle.
“For the past 25 years, American Crew® has been a trendsetter in the field of male grooming and with the launch of ACUMEN™, we look forward to further expanding and elevating our offerings for today’s demanding man,” says David Carvalho, Global President of Portfolio Brands at Revlon. “With a focus on evolving and innovating, ACUMEN™ will be the brand’s first-ever entry into prestige department stores worldwide while continuing to service the premium salons and barbershops. The introduction of this superior skincare and shave regimen is most certainly the next step in the brand’s journey to providing men with top-quality, efficient and refined products.”