Shadow Blonde Blend
This perfectly slayed blend + that bold face frame = #BlondeHairGoals! When we reposted this blended shadow blonde from BTC Team Member Jamie Park (@hairbyjpark) on Instagram, our followers were obsessed. So, it was obvious that we needed to share all the details behind this melted blonde and soft shadow root with the whole fam. Check out Jamie’s blonding technique below, plus the babylight, root smudge and toning color formulas!
Total Process Time: 3 to 4 hours
Who Did It
1. Start by applying Formula A, working from the nape to the crown, teasing the roots and saturating the ends.
2. Move to the face frame and starting at one ear, apply Formula A to create 3 to 5 super-fine babylights. Repeat on the opposite side. Following the hairline and working up to the part, continue taking fine weaves.
Pro Tip: Do not oversaturate the the lightener when creating babylights to keep the hair from slipping.
3. Once the face frame is complete, alternate babylights and panel weaves using Formula A and working up to the part on both sides. Process for 30 minutes or until desired lift, then rinse.
4. Apply Olaplex No.2 and process for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse. Shampoo, rinse and comb through.
5. Apply Formula B to damp hair, starting with vertical partings in the back. As you section the hair vertically at the ear and move toward the face frame, use less product to avoid spotting or harsh lines and blend the roots with a clipper comb. Process for 20 minutes, rinse and avoid shampooing.
6. Then, apply Formula C at the bowl and leave out the face frame until the level of tone is almost achieved. Then, pull the glaze through the face frame and process until desired level. Rinse, condition and style.