WATCH: Men’s Low Fade + Texture
Male clients can be your most loyal and frequent customers—as long as you deliver a detailed cut and custom experience. Floyd’s 99 Barbershop Technical Director Patrick Butler and National Educator Megan Duran went live on BTC’s Facebook to teach our members how to create a texturized low fade men’s haircut, dishing out tips and techniques to start using behind the chair.
Watch the full video below but first check out these three MAJOR men’s tips:
1. Texturizing At The Recession With A Razor (34:41)
- To create texture at the recession, use a feather razor as your tool because it has a standardized set of teeth for a guard.
- Take the front hairline out and start with the section directly behind it.
- Take the hair in finger-wide sections, parallel to the parting and start mid-strand to work your way through to the ends.
- Keep a slight angle to the razor, so you’re able to glide through the hair. This builds support pieces and breaks the hair up for a disheveled, broken top.
2. Feather Razor-Over-Comb Technique (38:01)
- Use a feather razor to take out weight in the parietal ridge.
- Lift the comb from underneath to work your way up and it will grab the hair so it’s suspended in the air, then work the razor across the comb.
- The comb creates tension that allows you to hold the hair in place, so the blade can glide across to blend and remove built-up weight.
- Focus on the ends and don’t let the razor close to the scalp.
3. Blending The Beard (41:20)
- It’s important to blend the side hairline into the beard. Take the comb vertically and work the comb (without a guard) over it, bringing the hair out slightly and working on tapering it in for a clean transition and a detailed, polished look.
Watch the full video below!
Floyd's 99 Barbershop
Men’s Grooming: Dad Edition
Razor-Cut Pixie + Fringe How-To
Don’t Fear the Beard: 3 Steps to a Moneymaking Beard Service
Men’s Gray Coverage: From Consultation To Retail
4 Tips To Keep Your Men From Cheating
Your Life-Changing Experience Could Win You VIP Concert Tickets
Skin Fade Close-Up