How-To: PHYTO’s In-Salon Botanical Treatment
PHYTO’s mantra has always been that a healthy scalp equals healthy hair. Period. So to help you give all your clients hair that radiates health and beauty, the pioneers of all-natural, eco-conscious products have given stylists an in-salon botanical treatment that addresses the needs of both the hair and the scalp—for beautiful hair through and through. Their clinically-tested treatments deliver truly transformative results (and scientific facts aside, when your early fans include Jackie O, Catherine Deneuve and Brigitte Bardot, you must be doing something right).
The PHYTO Thirst Quencher Treatment, one of the brand’s in-salon botanical treatments for dry, dull hair, can easily be incorporated into salon services and dramatically improves client hair quality. Here are PHYTO’s eight innovative steps to restored, radiant hair in less than 30 minutes.
1. Begin by consulting with your client, making sure to listen carefully to their hair concerns. Consultations help you connect with your clients to build loyalty and client retention and position you as a go-to authority on hair health.
2. Perform hair porosity and elasticity tests.
Using both hands, hold a strand of hair at the scalp and at the ends.
Gently stretch and release the hair.
Hair that stretches easily and returns to its original length has great elasticity.
Hair that remains slightly stretched has average elasticity.
Hair that breaks or remains stretched has poor elasticity.
Hold a section of hair between your thumb and forefinger.
Lightly backcomb the hair strands from ends to scalp.
Hair that feels smooth and does not backcomb easily is non-porous.
Hair that feels rough and backcombs easily is porous
For a more in-depth look at the condition of the scalp and hair, the PHYTO hair scope magnifies up to 200x.
3. Using your PHYTO classic brush, gently brush each section of the scalp twice, from the top of the head to the nape of the neck. Brushing exfoliates impurities and product build-up on the surface of the scalp. It also stimulates microcirculation to boost the transport of oxygen and nutrients into the hair follicle.
4. Apply Phytopolléine Botanical Scalp Treatment to the scalp in sections, then massage gently to energize the scalp. Massaging stimulates the deeper tissues of the scalp where the sebaceous glands reside. When activated, the sebaceous glands produce a balanced amount of natural oils for lustrous hair.
5. Apply Huile D´Alès, an intense hydrating oil treatment, with an application brush or cotton round. Massage through the lengths, gently twisting each strand to ensure absorption from cuticle to cortex, then place the client under a steamer or warm towel.
6. Shampoo using Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Shampoo. Rinse and repeat to infuse hair with hydration and shine.
7. Apply a quarter-size amount of Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask. Comb thoroughly and rinse.
8. Apply leave-in treatment Huile Soyeuse Lighweight Hydrating Oil before detangling, then style as desired.