How-To: Big Red Color Melt
- Formula A
Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME Premium Lift 9+ + 20-volume developer
- Formula B
L'Oréal Professionnel MAJIREL Majirouge 6.60 + 20-volume developer
- Formula C
Joico Vero K-PAK Color Intensity Ruby Red + Red
- Formula D
Hot Pink + Red + Fiery Coral
- Formula E
Talk about seeing red in the best possible way! A subtle blend of cherry red, vivid crimson and dark ruby, this radiant red has INSANE dimension. Leysa-Lvbrides (@leysahairandmakeup) a stylist from Atlelier Square Salon in Las Vegas submitted this beautiful blend for BTC’s #ONESHOT Hair Awards, and then she gave us the down low on how it’s done. Click the beaker for the formulas, then scroll down to see the steps!
1. Start by applying a bleach soap cap with Formula A for 30 minutes.
2. Next, retouch the color at the base with Formula B on dry hair for 30 minutes. Shampoo and blow-dry until completely dry.
3. Apply Formula C to the base retouch area.
5. Color melt the midshafts with Formula D, and when you get to the ends, use Formula E for extra pop. Process for 25 minutes with no heat and rinse with cold water.
6. Blow-dry with Oribe Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream, follow with Soft Laquer Heat Styling Spray to prep the curls and use a 1-inch curling iron.