RICH CHERRY CHOCOLATE FORMULA
We LOVE a good transformation especially when the winter blues have our hair looking and feeling dull. Patrick Garcia (@isthatpat) dropped this stunning rich cherry chocolate brunette on his feed and we immediately wanted the full breakdown. Scroll through for the full how-to on this delicious look.
Total Chair Time: 3-5 hours
1. Who is the ideal client candidate for this look?
“Almost everyone is a good candidate for these kind of extensions. The only clients I wouldn’t consider ideal candidates are those with fragile or extremely fine hair. I would tell these clients no as this may not give them the most natural result or could be too heavy for them, which could result in damage to either their hair or their scalp,” says Pat.
2. What maintenance is required for this look?
Extensions look their best and last longest when clients take special care of them. “Brush your hair extensions every morning and every night and never go to bed with wet, unbrushed hair,” says Pat.
Pat also suggests using a silk pillowcase and bonnet. Professional shampoo and conditioner is necessary to maintain color and keep extensions soft and shiny. “Salon maintenance basically requires removing the extensions, cleaning my clients hair and doing a scalp treatment, and then I go back and re-apply the extensions. I will only color and tone again if necessary,” explains Pat.
1. Prep extensions by washing thoroughly to remove any coating for better color absorption.
2. Install extensions using a hand-tied method of application.
3. Dampen extensions and apply Formula A. Process for 10 minutes.
4. Without rinsing, apply Formula B directly on top of Formula A and process for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Rinse, shampoo, condition and style as desired.