Lady Gaga’s Icy Blue + Chrome Blonde
Did Lady Gaga basically win the 2020 MTV VMAs? Yes! ICYMI: Awards shows in 2020 look a little different, but Gaga broke the internet with her high-fashion face mask game, collab performance of “Rain On Me” with Ari and btw, did we mention that MTV created the first ever Tri-Con Award just for her? Lady G’s longtime stylist Frederic Aspiras (@fredericaspiras) served Chromatica fierceness by creating this icy blue and chrome blonde for her red carpet look!
“Love is the inspiration,” Frederic said in a recent IG post. “Bringing all the elements of earth, wind and fire. Lady Gaga’s journey [through] the years has inspired me to create hairstyles and color combinations that encapsulates this journey. She is tough, brave, a musical genius, a visionary and overall kind human being that believes in love and kindness in the world.”
Check out Frederic’s post below and scroll for the how-to steps!
View this post on Instagram
@ladygaga arrived from Chromatica at the @mtv @vmas #redcarpet 🦾 “Love is the inspiration . Bringing all the elements of earth, wind and fire. Lady Gaga’s journey thru the years have inspired me to create hairstyles and color combinations that encapsulates this journey. She is tough, brave, a musical genius, a visionary and overall kind human being that believes in love and kindness in the world.” . Hair by @fredericaspiras using @joico and @ghd_northamerica #ladygaga #fredericaspirashair #vmas2020 #mtv #vmas #hairjoi #joicocolorintensity #ghdhair #goodhairday
Who Did It
1. Start with a Level 10, clean bright blonde when creating blue tones. Shampoo with Joico Blonde Life Shampoo.
2. Next, use apply Joico Blonde Life Brightening Mask to remove and build-up and unwanted tones. Follow up with Joico Blonde Life Conditioner, rinse and towel-dry.
3. Spray Joico Blonde Life Brightening Veil evenly throughout, comb through and dry thoroughly.
4. Section the hair into quadrants. Starting from the bottom and working your way up to the top, slice out large pieces of hair.
5. Alternate Formula A and B and continue for a full-head application. Process, then rinse.
6. Spray Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Multi Perfector throughout the hair. Then, prep with Joico Dream Blowout Thermal Protection Crème to protect the hair from thermal damage.
7. Detangle with the ghd Detangling Comb, making sure to work from the ends up. Section the hair for a blowout.
8. Blow-dry with the ghd Air® Hairdryer and Ceramic Vented Brush. Then, run the ghd Glide Hot Brush throughout the hair to create a satin soft finish and bring out shine.
9. Create a soft, water ripple-like effect using the ghd Platinum+ Styler to bend 1-inch sections in the hair. Start this pattern from the back at the nape.
Pro Tip: When you approach the top, stop bending the hair about 2 inches away from the scalp. There should be no volume at the roots.
10. Apply 3 to 4 pumps of Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Glossing Oil throughout the hair and brush out the wave pattern with the ghd Oval Dressing Brush to add softness.
11. Finish with Joico K-PAK Protective Hairspray.