3 Winning Color Formulas from the 2016 Oscars
During last Sunday’s Academy Awards, we had our eyes glued to the screen as Jennifer Lawrence, Olivia Wilde and Saoirse Ronan made their way down the red carpet outside of the Dolby Theatre. Jennifer’s sleek and sexy platinum makeover; Olivia’s unique braided chignon; Saoirse’s blonde balayage highlights—we had to know how they were done!
Luckily, Keratin Complex got straight to work recreating the styles using their signature Color Therapy™ formulas. Now you can achieve these leading ladies’ looks in your salon!
Color Therapy™ Formulas
Formula A: 30 mL/1 oz. It’s a Blonde Thing Keratin Lightening System powder + 60 mL/2 fl. oz. 20-volume It’s a Blonde Thing Developer
Formula B: 15 mL/0.5 fl. oz. Demi-Glaze 10.2/10V +15 mL/0.5 fl. oz. Demi-Glaze 000/Clear + 30 mL/1 fl. oz. Demi-Glaze Activator
1. Apply back-to-back foils throughout the head using Formula A, ensuring at least 75 percent of the hair is highlighted. Process for up to 50 minutes and rinse.
2. Tone using Formula B. Process up to 30 minutes.
*Tip: For a cooler finish, adjust the amount of Clear added to your formula.
3. Shampoo and condition with Blondeshell® Debrass & Brighten Shampoo and Conditioner.
1. Distribute Vita Volume Boosting Foam throughout the hair, focusing on the roots, and apply Infusion Keratin Replenisher through the midlengths and ends.
2. Using a 3-inch Ceramic + Ionic Round Brush, blow-dry the hair straight, with slight volume at the root area and body on the ends.
3. Finish with Glowtion Potion Styling Oil to create a radiant finish and Flex Flow Flexible Shaping Hairspray to lock in the style.
Color Therapy™ Formula
30 mL/1 fl. oz. KeraHold® 90.0/11N + 60 mL/2 fl. oz. 40 vol. KeraHold Developer
1. Apply formula in a full-head foil technique. For a softer highlight effect, apply on a diagonal angle from the hairline to the crown in all quadrants. Process up to 50 minutes.
2. Shampoo and condition with Blondeshell® Debrass & Brighten Shampoo and Conditioner.
1. Blow-dry the hair using Infusion Keratin Replenisher as a blow-dry aid.
2. Spray Sweet Definition Texturizing Sugar Mist lightly throughout the hair.
3. Using the Transformer Interchangeable Styling Rod with cone barrel attachment, wrap the hair in large sections to create curls throughout the head.
4. Finish by combing out the hair lightly and spraying with Flex Flow Flexible Shaping Hairspray to set the style.
Color Therapy™ Formulas
15 mL/.5 fl. oz. KeraHold 6.1/6A + 15 mL/.5 fl. oz. KeraHold 6.0/6N + 30 mL/1 fl. oz. 20 vol. KeraHold Developer
1. Apply the formula throughout the head. Process up to 35 minutes.
*Tip: For an added sun-kissed look, apply a few light pieces of balayage using It’s a Blonde Thing Keratin Lightening System and 10-volume developer while processing the base color.
1. Starting with dry hair, spray lightly with Sweet Definition Texturizing Sugar Mist and section the front of the hair into three sections. Make a French braid by adding hair into the sections as you travel down toward the ear.
2. Continue adding hair until you reach the center of the nape; finish the braid by securing a clear elastic at the end. If desired, use Iconic Polish High Shine Pomade on your fingers to define the braid.
3. Brush the remaining hair into a ponytail and secure with another elastic.
4. Wrap the hair in the ponytail into a bun, and then wrap the length of the braid around the bun. Secure with bobby pins.
5. Lightly spray with Bold Hold Maximum Finishing Hairspray to lock in the style.