3 Color Tips To Keep You Fully Booked
3 Color Tips To Keep You Fully Booked
Our notebooks were ready when the Wella Professionals crew took THE BTC SHOW stage in San Antonio, because we knew we were about to get MAJOR color tips. With new color and technology innovations coming out of the Coty House of Beauty, we couldn’t wait to see what Wella Top Artists Aubrey Loots and Mark DeBolt and Sebastian Professional/ghd Top Artist Anthony Cole had in store! Keep scrolling for their tips PLUS a wave quickie you can’t miss.
Go Red Without Hot Roots
Applying all-over red haircolor is tricky because the “cold shaft” (the mids and ends) won’t be vibrant but the roots will be HOT. Here’s how to avoid that and get vibrant all-over results (click the beaker for Mark’s formulas!):
- Mix a root formula using a Level 7 red gold with a Level 6 natural and a lower developer—“add more brown to the root anticipating you’ll expose more underlying pigment,” Mark said.
- Mix a mids and ends formula using the same Level 7 red gold with a Level 9 red gold and NO natural brown, plus up the developer.
- Formula A (root)
2 oz. Wella Professionals Illumina 7/43 + 1 oz. Illumina 6/ + 6%/20-volume developer
- Formula b (mids and ends)
Illumina 7/43 + Illumina 9/43 + 9%/30-volume developer
Achieve Clear, Pearl Platinums
There are four secrets for achieving clean, clear blonde bases for pearly platinum results. Here they are:
- Mix BLONDOR formulas with Wellaplex N°1 for protection and strength. Wellaplex is designed for use with Wella haircolor so it works in tandem, meaning no alteration to the developer level or processing time.
- Apply a Wella Professionals Color Renew treatment after prelightening to remove minerals, metals and free radicals and create a clear, sparkly blonde.
- Babylight with the Koleston Perfect ME+ Special Blondes line. ME+ is game-changing innovation from Wella that is PPD- and PTD-free, so guests who are typically allergic to haircolor CAN use it. Read more about this innovation here!
- Tone with the new Wella Professionals Illumina Opal-Essence line (Mark used Platinum Lily here) for holographic pearl tones that look both warm and cool in different lighting.
Click the beaker for the formulas, then watch the how-to video we snagged from Mark’s Insta Story below!
- Formula A
Wella Professionals BLONDOR Multi Powder + 3%/10-volume developer + 6%/20-volume developer + Wellaplex N°1
- Formula B (hairline)
Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect ME+ 12/0 + 9%/30-volume developer
- Formula C
Wella Professionals Illumina Opal-Essence Platinum Lily + 1.9%/6-volume developer
Give Conservative Clients The Peekaboo Color They Crave
Even the most professional ladies secretly desire a pop of color. Aubrey recommends peekaboo colors using Wella Professionals’ direct dye line, Color Fresh Create. When she pulls her hair back, the fun colors will pop—plus, Color Fresh Create fades gracefully and true-to-tone.
BONUS: Wave Styling Quickie!
Anthony demoed an easy wave technique using the new ghd Platinum+ aka the world’s first “smart styler.” It contains software that monitors heat 250 times per second to respond to the hair and control heat more effectively.
Watch BTC’s Exclusive Interview With Aubrey, Mark and Anthony!
Stubborn Hairline Grays: Try This Full Coverage Technique For Blondes!
Wella Company Announces New Americas President
Wella Company Examines Gender Equity in Pro Beauty
2021 Emmy Awards: The Best Red Carpet Hair Looks
Met Gala 2021: See The Best Celebrity Hair & Beauty Looks!
Jennifer Lopez’s Western-Inspired Ponytail
EIMI Shape Shift
EIMI Body Crafter
Nutricurls Waves & Curls Cleansing Conditioner
Nutricurls Waves Shampoo
Want Free Wella Product, Education and Opportunities? Enter This Contest!
Wella Company Announces Three New C-Suite Leaders
Connection Center at #thebtcshow 2021
2021 Beauty Envision Award Winners Announced
How To Master The Wella Color Line
6 Brazilian Balayage Tips From @romeufelipe
5 Tips To Keep Clients Coming Back
2021 Wella Beauty Envision Awards Finalists Announced
Audrina Patridge’s Foiled Blonde + Shadow Root
4 Tips To Perfect Pink Balayage
Wella Professionals Announces New Brand Ambassador
3 Toning Tricks You Need To Try