3 Color Tips To Keep You Fully Booked
3 Color Tips To Keep You Fully Booked
Our notebooks were ready when the Wella Professionals crew took THE BTC SHOW stage in San Antonio, because we knew we were about to get MAJOR color tips. With new color and technology innovations coming out of the Coty House of Beauty, we couldn’t wait to see what Wella Top Artists Aubrey Loots and Mark DeBolt and Sebastian Professional/ghd Top Artist Anthony Cole had in store! Keep scrolling for their tips PLUS a wave quickie you can’t miss.
Go Red Without Hot Roots
Applying all-over red haircolor is tricky because the “cold shaft” (the mids and ends) won’t be vibrant but the roots will be HOT. Here’s how to avoid that and get vibrant all-over results (click the beaker for Mark’s formulas!):
- Mix a root formula using a Level 7 red gold with a Level 6 natural and a lower developer—“add more brown to the root anticipating you’ll expose more underlying pigment,” Mark said.
- Mix a mids and ends formula using the same Level 7 red gold with a Level 9 red gold and NO natural brown, plus up the developer.
- Formula A (root)
2 oz. Wella Professionals Illumina 7/43 + 1 oz. Illumina 6/ + 6%/20-volume developer
- Formula b (mids and ends)
Illumina 7/43 + Illumina 9/43 + 9%/30-volume developer
Achieve Clear, Pearl Platinums
There are four secrets for achieving clean, clear blonde bases for pearly platinum results. Here they are:
- Mix BLONDOR formulas with Wellaplex N°1 for protection and strength. Wellaplex is designed for use with Wella haircolor so it works in tandem, meaning no alteration to the developer level or processing time.
- Apply a Wella Professionals Color Renew treatment after prelightening to remove minerals, metals and free radicals and create a clear, sparkly blonde.
- Babylight with the Koleston Perfect ME+ Special Blondes line. ME+ is game-changing innovation from Wella that is PPD- and PTD-free, so guests who are typically allergic to haircolor CAN use it. Read more about this innovation here!
- Tone with the new Wella Professionals Illumina Opal-Essence line (Mark used Platinum Lily here) for holographic pearl tones that look both warm and cool in different lighting.
Click the beaker for the formulas, then watch the how-to video we snagged from Mark’s Insta Story below!
- Formula A
Wella Professionals BLONDOR Multi Powder + 3%/10-volume developer + 6%/20-volume developer + Wellaplex N°1
- Formula B (hairline)
Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect ME+ 12/0 + 9%/30-volume developer
- Formula C
Wella Professionals Illumina Opal-Essence Platinum Lily + 1.9%/6-volume developer
Give Conservative Clients The Peekaboo Color They Crave
Even the most professional ladies secretly desire a pop of color. Aubrey recommends peekaboo colors using Wella Professionals’ direct dye line, Color Fresh Create. When she pulls her hair back, the fun colors will pop—plus, Color Fresh Create fades gracefully and true-to-tone.
BONUS: Wave Styling Quickie!
Anthony demoed an easy wave technique using the new ghd Platinum+ aka the world’s first “smart styler.” It contains software that monitors heat 250 times per second to respond to the hair and control heat more effectively.
Watch BTC’s Exclusive Interview With Aubrey, Mark and Anthony!
Caramel Drizzle Balayage
EIMI Flowing Form
5 Hair Trends We Spotted At New York Fashion Week
Trend Alert: Hair Accessories & Hardware
Shadow Blonde Foilayage
Rich Chocolate With Caramel Highlights
Color Perfect Stabilized Creme Developer
Brunette Creme Balayage
10 Celebrity Hair How-Tos From The 2019 Golden Globes
Isla Fisher’s Side-Swept Hollywood Waves
Oil Reflections Light Luminous Reflective Oil
EIMI Stay Firm
Rooty, Foilayaged Blonde
Breaking News: 2018 Wella Professionals International TrendVision Winners Announced
Breaking News: Coty Professional Beauty Announces Executive Leadership Changes
Micro Braid Accents
5 Hair Trends To Follow ASAP From New York Fashion Week
3 Balayage Tips For Blended Dimension
EIMI Ocean Spritz
THE BTC SHOW 2018: DAY 2
Wella Professionals at #THEBTCSHOW 2018