3 Babylight Tips: Color Placement, Foils & Gray Coverage
Improve Your Babylight Technique With These Tips
Summer is basically here and so is babylight season, so get ready for clients to request those ultra-fine, back-to-back highlights that look more beachy than bleach-y! SEVEN haircare educator and salon owner Roshan Tayefemohajer (@roshanpdxstyle) is breaking down three babylight tips for gray coverage, color placement and foils to help you master this trendy blonding technique! Check them all out below.
1. Are Your Foils Slipping?
It’s essential, especially around the hairline, to paint all the way up to the root when painting babylights. This is how to achieve that seamless blend and brightness around the face—but sometimes painting the ends will weigh the foil down and it slips.
Here’s a solution: Before folding each foil, Roshan revisits the top and paints vertically all the way to the root. Watch Roshan demo this tip in the gif below!
2. How-To Use Babylights For Gray Coverage
Babylights are an easy way to brighten up gray coverage clients—hello, moneymaker!
- Start the color process by painting back-to-back babylights.
- Then, paint the root touch up in between the foils.
- The blonde will help diffuse and blend the gray hairs, plus the color will process as the babylights develop for a time-saving, single-process transformation.
3. Color Placement
The best babylights imitate a child’s naturally sun-kissed haircolor. Use these three color placement tips to achieve this look:
- The Front: Start the babylights where you want to see the most brightness. From the hairline to the crown, take ultra-fine slices and foil back-to-back to create face-framing brightness and seamless blending.
- The Back: At the curvature of the head, begin to gradually increase space between foils. Continue this pattern until directly below the occipital bone—this will help achieve a natural and childlike blend.
- The Ends: After completing all babylights, go back and gently paint the ends for a sun-kissed effect.
Help your color-treated clients maintain healthy strands with SEVEN haircare’s KENTE® BOND system!
Transformation: Edgy Pixie + Fringe
RINZU®️ COLOR Shampoo & Conditioner
ARMURE®️ LEAVE-IN Conditioner Spray
Master This Heavy Fringe-Cutting Technique
4 Genius Tips To Attract Upscale Clients
SATARA® OPTI Biotin Supplement
8 Promotional Ideas for Small Business Saturday
Weightless Long Layers
10 Cuts For Every Client In Your Chair
RINZU® HEAT DEFENSE spray