The Brazilian Shag by Living Proof
The Brazilian Shag by Living Proof
Inspired by the pulse of Latin America, this effortless cut from Living Proof Co-Founder Ward Stegerhoek has been worn by some of the most famous women in the world. Strong foundations are partnered with freestyle cutting techniques in a samba-like dance, giving each cut a romantic rhythm that could only come from Brazil. The Brazilian Shag is perfect for any woman looking for effortless sex appeal.
Cleanse and condition based on client’s hair type with a Living Proof Shampoo & Conditioner. Follow with Prime Style Extender on damp hair to prep the style and use as a cutting lotion. Comb though. For additional slip, layer Perfect hair Day (PhD) Night Cap Overnight Perfector.
Section from the apex to the front of the ear. Your guide is found by dropping a small section of hair from the hairline. If there is no guide, create a small one at the chin. Point-cut the entire section to the guide.
Drop the section to see the natural fall.
Create a triangular sub-section with the point in front of the apex to the corner of the eyebrows.
Holding the hair straight out from the head, point-cut using your original guide.
Take random small diagonal sections, then twist and refract to the guide until you reach the occipital, holding the section perpendicular to the eyebrow.
Repeat on the opposite side, always working at the occipital and higher to preserve the length of hair.
Clean up the ends by twisting and refracting between 0 to 45 degrees.
To frame the face, take random small sections from the hairline, and pull to the arch of the eyebrow to refract a small bit of length. To create versatile styling options, repeat on the other side.
Styling Option 1
1. If the hair is dry in spots, mist with water.
2. Lightly mist Instant Texture Mist throughout sections.
3. Using fingers, twist 2-inch sections. For the face area, start the bend at the cheek bone and twist sections away from the face.
4. Use a diffuser to completely dry the hair. Do not touch hair during drying process.
5. Once the hair is dry, mist Instant Texture Mist into your hands with a dab of Satin Hair Serum. Use this cocktail to break up the ends of the hair and accentuate the cut.
6. For areas that lack body or wave: use a 1½-inch curling iron to add wave. Do this by twisting hair around the iron, and hold ends out so they remain straight, not curled.
7. Finish with Flex Shaping Hairspray for hold and shine.
Styling Option 2
1. Apply Timeless Plumping Mousse from roots to ends.
2. Start with 2- to 3-inch diagonal sections in the crown. Working in the front section, push brush forward toward the face while using the medium heat low air setting on your blow dryer.
3. Make sure not to pull the section, but rather to always “PUSH” to create volume.
4. Starting in the front hairline using 2- to 3-inch sections, blow-dry the hair on base and set with pins.
5. Roll the hair quickly around your finger to lock in the heat, then set on base to hold shape.
6. Continue blow-drying and pinning on base in 2- to 3-inch sections until completed, then allow hair to cool off in set for 20 minutes.
7. Mist Flex Shaping Hairspray on a boar bristle flat brush and brush through to help tame flyaways and add control.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS
Midlength Shag Haircut
Face-Framing Shag Haircut
Modern Shag Cut and Color from Pivot Point International
The Biggest Haircut Trends Of Spring & Summer 2022
Do You See Black Dots When Bleaching Out Clients? Read This.
Is The Early 2000s POUF Making A Comeback?
5 Tips For Waves On Long Layers, Bobs & Lobs
Blonding: 3 Ways to Spot a Bad Level 9
15 Hair Color Trends You Need To Know In 2022
These Haircut Trends Will Be Everywhere In 2022
Warm Brunettes Without Orange Undertones: 4 Tips You Must Know