Vibrant Red Balayage
By Constance Robbins
Red for fall? Groundbreaking. From red hot melts to sultry wine-colored locks, this diverse trend is popping up all over Insta, which is exactly how we found this rich red balayage from Matrix Global Artist Constance Robbins. A fun take on the vibrant color, Constance nailed it and we’ve got all the deets below!
Then, keep that fade at bay by checking out this red retouch quickie from Constance before the next appointment!
Who Did It
1. Starting about 2-inches from the scalp, foilayage with Formula A and randomly feather the formula up for a softer transition. Concentrate the lightest pieces where the sun would naturally kiss her hair. “Even though we’re not going blonde, this is key for making those intense reds still look natural,” says Constance.
2. Then, apply Formula B to the base. Constance says it’s important to color the base first before moving on to the next step.
3. Next, go back in with Formula A and backcomb highlight her ends. “She wanted to see a lot of intensity on her ends so I wanted to kick them up a notch,” shares Constance.
4. Shampoo, quick dry, then glaze with Formula C. “The dryer the hair, the longer-lasting her color will be,” recommends Constance.
5. Blow-dry the hair, then curl using the Hot Tools 1.25-inch Marcel iron. Finish the look by spraying Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray.