Sydney Sweeney’s Warm Strawberry Blonde
By Nikki Lee
Is it just us—or is literally everyone going red? The list of *it girls* opting for warmer hues now includes one of our favorite “Euphoria” cast members Sydney Sweeney. Season two of the cult-favorite Gen Z show has officially wrapped, and Sydney is ditching her character Cassie’s signature bright blonde for a trendy golden strawberry shade.
Thanks to her go-to stylist Florido Basallo (@florido) and Nine Zero One Salon co-owner Nikki Lee (@nikkilee901), we have the gloss color formulas and transformation deets below.
Who Did It
Starting Canvas/Desired End Goal
Nikki had previously lifted Sydney’s hair to a bright, dimensional blonde. This allowed her to skip any lightening processes. Instead, she used a gloss formula to create warm tones that would pop on her already prelightened hair. “It was important to Sydney that she looked different from Cassie in ‘Euphoria,’” says Nikki.
1. Apply Formula A all over. Process for 20 minutes, then rinse.
2. Wash the hair with Joico Defy Damage Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. The secret to preventing reds from fading fast? Nikki applied Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield before heat styling to prevent color fading.
Next, Nikki tapped in Sydney’s stylist Florido to give her bangs and a fresh blunt cut that accentuated the new color transformation and polished the overall look. Peep his styling steps below.
4. Apply Joico Dream Blowout Thermal Protection Créme to damp hair and use a Denman brush to blow-dry the hair with a “flat wrap” technique.
5. Once the hair is dry, apply Joico Heat Hero Glossing Thermal Protector and polish the ends with a flat iron and a slight bevel.
6. Finish with Joico Humidity Blocker Plus Protective Shield for hold and to prevent the hair from falling flat.
7. Finished Look
8. Sorry, Team Cassie fans. Sydney has ditched her “Euphoria” blonde for dreamy strawberry tones but we have, “Never EVER been happier.”