Rolling in the Deep (Purple) Sombré
Is your client ready to take the plunge into the beautiful world of purple? For Amanda LoCastro of DiRosa Haircare in New York City, her redheaded client was ready! Yet taking the plunge was not a simple hop. Amanda had to raise her redhead to a self-described “pink salmon-y orange”—which is not exactly the hot color this season! Still, each step was worth the wait! Just as Adele captivated us with her hit song, “Rolling in the Deep,” Amanda has captivated us with her Rolling in the Deep (Purple) Sombré!
Who Did It
1. Deepen the base by applying Formula A, starting at the regrowth and moving down approximately 2 inches.
2. As the roots are processing, place the remaining hair in diagonal sections. Using a feather blending technique, paint a sombré with Formula B.
3. Process for 25 minutes. The color should be elevated to a Level 7 or 8.
4. Wash the hair using Goldwell Elumen Wash. Prepare her hair for the final steps with Elumen Prepare. Once complete, blow-dry the hair.
5. Apply Formula C from the roots to ends. Cover the hair with a cap and move the client under the dryer to process for 25 minutes.
6. Shampoo using Elumen Wash and condition with Elumen Treat. Cut the hair and style as desired.